47yo female can't seem to loose last 25lbs

Options
Hello All, just a bit frustrated as I have gained 25 pounds over the summer. I don't think I eat to much have been working out (cardio) for that past 30 days 5 days a week and haven't lost a pound. What do I need to do?

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What kind of Cardio? For how long? Have you been tracking your food? Believe me, none of us THINK we eat too much, but it is a kick in the face when you actually log it all in and see how many calories you have eaten.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Where are you with respect to menopause?
  • SheriShriver
    SheriShriver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cardio Kickboxing with Dance; 45min/5days a week; ab/leg workout with weights and floor 30 min/4 days a week. Just started tracking my food.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you are truly eating 1200-1300 calories as your diary indicates you should be losing weight. I suspect your logging is not accurate. Do you use a scale to measure foods? If not buy one.
  • SheriShriver
    Options
    haven't had a cycle for a year and a half.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Agree with people above - Buy and use a food scale. Log everything that you eat.
  • SheriShriver
    Options
    Considered buying a scale in the past. will have to invest in one. any recommendations?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Considered buying a scale in the past. will have to invest in one. any recommendations?

Digital, nothing fancy needed. You can pick one up at Wal-Mart or Target for about $20. I got mine off Groupon, and it's purple :p

play with it a little bit. Learn how to use the TARE function. Once you get used to it, it is super easy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    haven't had a cycle for a year and a half.

I agree with the others that you should log FAITHFULLY and as accurately as possible for a while and see what happens. If you still don't lose, maybe mix things up a bit diet wise. Some women find that they develop some degree of insulin resistance with menopause. Women differ, of course, with respect to how their bodies react to perimenopause, and menopause.
    Here's one of many, many studies on the subject:
    http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/8405521
    Maybe playing around with your macros (lowering carbs, increasing fat a bit) would help you bust through.
    But first, get a real sense of what you're eating. You may surprise yourself.

Good luck!
  • beslinger
    beslinger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    [This is awesome... i love it.
    quote="queenliz99;34735742"]
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
    [/quote]

• ima58er
    ima58er Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Only way is to eat less...