Weight Watchers

Options
I have been tracking my calories on my fitness pal for months, but a friend of mine and I recently joined a Weight Watchers group. Their website is not very user friendly and I can't even access it at work. Does anyone know if there is any way to track "points" on my fitness pal as opposed to calories?

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    The only way you can do that would be to write the points down on the lower section of your food diary were you add notes, some ppl add notes there such as how many points you ate for that day etc. Some ppl zig zag and write there calories they eat in that section as well in order to keep up with it. hope that helps.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you can access it that way.
    I personally don't like the New WW program and so I quit :) I am a lifetime member but the new plan just is not as user friendly as past plans have been . Good Luck
  • lincolnsmom
    lincolnsmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done Weight Watchers in the past and I am about to go back on their program in a few more weeks... you should invest in their calculator. Their new one. It keeps track of your points for you on the calculator. It lets you know how many you have left for the day! I also used their food journal. Writing it down really helps and its really small you can put it in your purse/pocket!
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not exactly.. But every point is about 40calories... So for every thing you log here you can divide by 40 or if you have the points plus calculator you can just calculate on there and log on the paper tracker. Hope this helps!
  • mickeymousedl
    Options
    I was a long time WW member until the new plan came out. I also, quit when the new plan came out. I was so used to being able to add it all up in my head and knowing "about" what the points would be when looking at a label. The new program you can no longer do that. I am thinking about trying the online again - maybe with a new additiude lol....

Once you use their website a bit it gets easier to use. They have the mobil site for smart phones - the tracking is about all that I could do on there with my blackberry.
  • runninglynnie
    Options
    I quit when the introduced the new plan as well - couldn't get over the fact that fruits and veggies were zero points....and found I wasn't as sucessful with the new plan. I have to say I love MFP - especially since its free!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I quit when the introduced the new plan as well - couldn't get over the fact that fruits and veggies were zero points....and found I wasn't as sucessful with the new plan. I have to say I love MFP - especially since its free!

Agree and agree! It's a shame the old plan was changed, but then again, I have the support network of a meeting ALL the time, thanks to MFP :)
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I switched from WW to myfitnesspal, and I like it a lot better. There were times when I would fall of the WW plan and I would still be paying for it even though I wasn't using it. That didn't make sense to me. I think myfitnesspal is very user friendly and there are a lot more foods in the food search, which makes tracking a lot easier. When I was doing WW, I always had to go to the food's website in order to obtain the nutrition info (such as Lean Cuisine) because it wasn't a WW product.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I switched from WW to myfitnesspal, and I like it a lot better. There were times when I would fall of the WW plan and I would still be paying for it even though I wasn't using it. That didn't make sense to me. I think myfitnesspal is very user friendly and there are a lot more foods in the food search, which makes tracking a lot easier. When I was doing WW, I always had to go to the food's website in order to obtain the nutrition info (such as Lean Cuisine) because it wasn't a WW product.

^^^This. I just cancelled my WW membership last night; it's much more straightforward to count calories, and I couldn't get the WW point tracker tools to work on my work computer either. Why pay $16.99 for that? One of the drawbacks that I discovered with WW is that it was too easy to have a blowout day because of the weekly points allowance, and then it would be harder to get back on track. With daily calorie counting I feel there is less tolerance for blowout days; it forces me to think of my total calorie allotment, and I can look at a packaged food and instantly know whether or not it's going to put me over on my daily calories. Yeah, it's a mental thing, but the important thing is to find a sustainable weight loss method, right?
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    I have switched to using this site as well. I was doing online only and the new program is very confusing to me. My WW account is still active until July. I am thinking about cancelling it then and then going to meetings when I get to 15 pounds within my goal weight.

I was hungrier when I was doing the new program and now that I am counting my calories, I am not as hungry. I need to convert my information over to the points to see how many I am using per day.

I really wish that they would have given us the option to stay on the old program or go to the new program. I was losing on the old program.
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I found myself stuck at a plateau for about 6 weeks, I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago and have lost 3lb. For me the fear of a public weigh in keeps me motivated and to stick the plan :)
  • pkrasberry
    Options
    Thanks to everybody for your input and your suggestions. I, too, have always liked using My Fitness Pal. I did a program through Baylor called the "Learn Program" and they are the ones that suggested using my fitness pal as a tool. My friend wanted to do Weight Watchers and asked me if I would do it with her. She thought it would be easier for her to stay on and so I agreed, but I'm really not very happy with it. Since I"m having so much trouble with the tracking of the points, I'm not staying on program like I'm supposed to and actually think I have gained a pound this week.. We signed up for that monthly pass thing so I don't know how difficult it is going to be to cancel that out. And I hate to disappoint my friend. The one really good thing with it is the weekly accountability to have to go and weigh in. Just knowing somebody is checking.......if you know what I mean.