Disappointed in Myself

Options
I had lost 18 pounds using MyFitness. Needless to say I stopped, gained back all 18 pounds...I am sad and disappointed in myself

Replies

• kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You did it before and you sure can do it again!

We all believe in you!
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    Allow yourself to feel those feelings, but not for too long, and then get back on the myfitnesspal wagon. I am new here but I have done programs in the past such as WW, and fallen off many times. The one thing that I have learned is to track EVERY day, even if I eat badly. Once you miss a day, it becomes two, then a week, and it's harder to get back on. Don't spend a lot of time beating yourself up though, because it doesn't do a bit of good. Today is a new day!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    It happened to me too but the most important thing is that your back..

Welcome back!!! :)
  • mmaggio80
    mmaggio80 Posts: 15
    Options
    Just have to make that lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off, I have had it off and on several times but never changed my overall eating habits. This time my habits have changed and now the weight it sliding off rather easy.
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome back you can do it. I have struggled with weight since I was 16. We all fall down....the strong ones get back up again. Come on girl I know what your made of! You can do it!
  • mrsltd08
    mrsltd08 Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome back!! It's a constant battle everyday for me so allow yourself to feel what you are feeling and then use it to get it going again! You can do it!!
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey! You know what tho, its coming back that is the key. I used to be sad that I tried and failed so many times until I realized that probably kept me from becoming super morbidly obese. Getting a grip on it every few years was a big help, actually.

Skinny people do that all the time - live their lives and then decide to lose 15 lbs and then work on it and then coast... You're so o.k. its not even funny!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry!! Don't let it defeat you. You did it before so that means you can do it again!!
  • neison78
    neison78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Be upset, but make that your motivation to get back on the wagon. We are all human and can't be perfect all the time. Allow yourself to be disappointed, but don't let it keep you down. You can do it!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Just jump back in and try again.

I tried to quit smoking 6 times before. One was for a couple days, the next was a whole week, then I made it 3 months, and what do you know 6 months came ... Now I am finally "Over it" and it has been nearly a year.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    I had similar before I started on here.

I had managed to lose 2 stones, and because i got lazy and started to introduce refined sugar back into my diet (instead of baking myself using fructose) i put a stone of it back on.

now i'm working to lose that stone agian !!!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I almost cried to read all your responses. It is good to feel the support! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Now that you've finished beating yourself up about it welcome back :flowerforyou: Hop back on the wagon...it's plenty of room