Motivation Needed/Inspiration Given

Options
p6ho3y4z2bls.jpg

Here is my story:

Gave birth to a Surro-Baby in February.
Pictures taken to show my fitness progress as follows-Top Left-March, Top Right-June, Bottom Left-August, Bottom Right-October.
No secret; just tracking my food, working out with a trainer 2x a week, yoga 1-3x a week. I often have to work out on my lunch hour because I have a nearly-three year old at home and finding time to work out is tough.

I did this to motivate myself, I'm feeling lost and like I'm in a slump, maybe even backtracking. My weight hasn't gone up (thank goodness, especially with Thanksgiving). But can't shake the feeling that I'm losing my momentum.

When asking a friend for advice, she suggested I share this on the MFP forums...she said where I need motivation, this could be inspiration to others. She's a wise one.

Replies

• reneesime1
    reneesime1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome. This is a journey and will take time. Every step you take towards being heathy is one step closer to your goal. Some days will be better then others but ou just have to hang in there. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Do you know your "why" to change your body? Losing weight is only part of the journey. What is the pot of gold that you want to obtain? Mine have grown and taken more focus since I started MFP. As I feel better and look better, as I incorporate good habits to take the place of bad ones, I embrace the changes that are happening even if the scale is not moving. I feel like I'm taking charge of my life instead of just letting things happen to me then react. Crap is gonna happen but what about the im.possible dream that is in my heart?

I am going on 60 days here on MFP. My weight has gone up, down, stalled. I'm okay with it all because my pals here have reminded me to take it one day at a time... I have created a habit of logging in everyday, of being aware of how much I eat, how much water I drink, did I move around today. PERFECTIONISM has been put to rest.

I have six months to get to one of my big goals in life, to look amazing at my daughter's graduation. She has never seen the woman I use to be before I had her. Sure I have pictures, but wouldn't it be amazing if she saw live the powerful, goal minded, goal achieving woman that I was before I went into hiding. What a legacy I can pass on to her as she heads to college with a can do attitude.

So, find out what your "why" is and the motivation will surge within you.

Best to you...!
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Set some new goals that are related. If your goal is weight loss set a goal exercise related. Work with your trainer for a new program and focus on that. By doing so you reach a goal you can celebrate and you are getting fit and losing weight (maybe) at the same time. If you run, sign up for a 5K or something. Working towards that will be motivating. Take your mind off one thing and focus on something new but never lose site of the why you are doing this as pointed out by mysteps2be...