Frustrated

Options
Ok I need to vent. I've been overweight the majority of my life and have been made fun of for it repeatedly year after year. I've tried several ways to lose weight but I can't seem to stick to anything. I just wanna drop this weight already :(

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been overweight/obese for most of my life. It took being diagnosed with diabetes to really make me change my tune and want it. I've lost about 68lbs so far and I have 90ish to go. You can do this!
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What are you having problems with?
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and it is hard to get started and then to stick with it, but you know what? You just have to keep chugging along. You'll have bad days and worse days, but just keep going. Indulge if you feel you must, but make sure you log it and keep logging every day. Once you start seeing results and getting compliments, you'll want to stay on track. Tomorrow's gonna come either way so it's up to you how yours will look. Best of luck!
  • Alfit88
    Alfit88 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! Take it one day at a time one pound at a time! Keep your head up and your heart strong, you can do it!
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ok I need to vent. I've been overweight the majority of my life and have been made fun of for it repeatedly year after year. I've tried several ways to lose weight but I can't seem to stick to anything. I just wanna drop this weight already :(

Add me as a friend. More you have giving you motivation and helping with encouraging words daily you can make it happen. Just need good support system were here for you
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Tiffany, welcome.

This is a link to the MUST READ threads here on MFP. You will learn MUCH about how to do this, and make it work for you. Some of the frustrations people have with weight loss is not understanding some basics. These threads were very helpful to me, and countless other MFP'ers in the past. Please take the time to read at the very least, the first few posts in each thread linked below. They will save you MUCH frustration if you learn from them. Good luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260517/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's unbelievably hard to get started, but if you ever start seeing results--which you will once you start--you'll get hooked on the feeling of concrete progress.

100080560.png