Eating all my calories

Options
I get 1,530 calories a day. The first few weeks I was able to eat them all with no problem. Now, I get full before I reach my total allowance . What should I do ? Eat more anyway, not bother ? Help...

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you're legitimately full, don't bother. Unless of course you're way below (less than 1200 or so) just dont fill the gap with butter...* there's another post from a guy eating butter to meet his daily goal.. :o
  • rocksieg
    rocksieg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Butter? Really ? That doesn't sound like a good idea .
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    Yep. No joke. Love butter..but..no lol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes to the butter. Also sausage, chicken thighs, peanuts, full fat yogurt, full fat salad dressing, granola.
  • rocksieg
    rocksieg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love granola and butter!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    rocksieg wrote: »
    Love granola and butter!
    That is a good fit for you then and one that will get added calories into your day.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    what are your goals? This is a fitness app..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am full way before i hit 1200 calories, when I eat right. I try to eat 1200 anyway. I go over because I like to drink. But, I have my calorie goal set to minium on purpose. Because A. I like to drink and B. I have a problem eating enough and C. I like buffalo wings. So.. barring last week (holidays don't count. lol) i'm only over when I drink or eat wings. Otherwise you find me at 10pm eating yogurt with fruit and honey in it to get my goal. (like yesterday and today)

You have to experiment and do what is right for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Calorie dense foods....nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, full fat dairy. Small portions packed with lots of calories.
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Calorie dense foods....nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, full fat dairy. Small portions packed with lots of calories.

Plain butter. As in eating spoon fulls. (The reasoning behind "butter? Really?")
  • Confuzzled4ever
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sorry, I think people that have this "issue" are lying. No one can eat that little and be "full". It's just ridiculous. Maybe you can feel somewhat satisfied if you eat right, including lots of veggies and fruit. But, there's no way you're so full you can't eat anymore. I call BS on that. But, if you're having that much trouble that you need to post something about how full you are, just eat a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Problem solved.

Be glad you don't have this problem. I NEVER feel hungry. I eat because I must. Not because i'm hungry. I feel full usually before my plate is finished, but I finish it anyway because it's usually around 400 calories. IE not a lot of calories overall. You shouldn't discount others problems. You aren't them. You don't know what they go through. I used to set alarms in my phone to remind me to eat. I went days without eating and didn't realize it, to the point where I had doctors threatening me. I've eaten approx 400 calories so far today.. it's 1pm.. I'm so full I'm uncomfortable. I couldn't eat the PB. I am too full to force it in.

I have other issues too... By all rights I should be a raging alocholic, but I'm not. Instead I make tea and focus on eating healthy and drinking less. But most peple don't have that problem either. That doesn't mean it's BS.

I could eat thousands of calories if I go back to my unhealthy eating habits. But I don't want to do that. There are a lot of things I can do differently, but I also have a ton of triggers. I have to do what works and figure out how to eat at least 1200 calories a day. It's not as easy as it sounds for some of us.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I think people that have this "issue" are lying. No one can eat that little and be "full". It's just ridiculous. Maybe you can feel somewhat satisfied if you eat right, including lots of veggies and fruit. But, there's no way you're so full you can't eat anymore. I call BS on that. But, if you're having that much trouble that you need to post something about how full you are, just eat a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Problem solved.

Be glad you don't have this problem. I NEVER feel hungry. I eat because I must. Not because i'm hungry. I feel full usually before my plate is finished, but I finish it anyway because it's usually around 400 calories. IE not a lot of calories overall. You shouldn't discount others problems. You aren't them. You don't know what they go through. I used to set alarms in my phone to remind me to eat. I went days without eating and didn't realize it, to the point where I had doctors threatening me. I've eaten approx 400 calories so far today.. it's 1pm.. I'm so full I'm uncomfortable. I couldn't eat the PB. I am too full to force it in.

I have other issues too... By all rights I should be a raging alocholic, but I'm not. Instead I make tea and focus on eating healthy and drinking less. But most peple don't have that problem either. That doesn't mean it's BS.

I could eat thousands of calories if I go back to my unhealthy eating habits. But I don't want to do that. There are a lot of things I can do differently, but I also have a ton of triggers. I have to do what works and figure out how to eat at least 1200 calories a day. It's not as easy as it sounds for some of us.

you went days without eating without realizing you hadn't eaten for days? LOL
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

There are a couple parts to this problem. "Old school" dieting is one. Back in the day - many popular diets were low fat. Dietary fat was the enemy. Old school diets were tons of high volume fat free food (rabbit food). This was considered healthy once upon a time. I would feel full too if I had several cups of non-fat green veggies at every meal.

Demonizing food is the other problem. We hear about foods that are "bad" for you. I'm guessing some of the "too full to eat 1200 calories" comes from having a very limited "I only eat foods that are good for me" list. Demonizing food may help us lose weight....BUT how on earth would you eat at maintenance with a laundry list of "bad foods"?

OP - are you meeting protein and fat goals? Fullness is not an indication of proper nutrition. You need to make sure you are meeting dietary requirements with your calories.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    edited December 2015
    Options

you went days without eating without realizing you hadn't eaten for days? LOL

Yes. Im glad you find that humerous. I personally don't think it's helpful to minimize other's problems. You really shouldnt judge others without walking in their shoes.

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    People don't know how I only eat twice a day I just don't feel hungry after my two large meals.. I will eat a third meal to meet macros sometimes
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP you may find this list helpful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

With regards to your other question about whether you should eat all your calories or end your day if you aren't hungry, it kind of depends on your overall goals, how much weight you have to lose, if you are doing exercise, etc.

How much are you trying to lose, and what goal did you put into MFP (lose 1 lb/week?) to arrive at the 1530? Do you exercise? If so, you should also be eating back at least a portion of those calories.

I know sometimes it seems counterintuitive to keep eating when you aren't hungry, but it is also important not to lose weight too fast and to preserve your lean body mass, which eating an adequate amount of calories, particularly protein, can help with.

With that said - sometimes people like to "bank" calories for a higher calorie event later in the week - I often do this. I have a holiday party to attend this weekend, so if I save up a couple hundred calories each day during the week, I have an extra 1000 to use Saturday night. But I'm also in maintenance and have a pretty high activity level/goal to begin with (2200) so I'm still able to eat plenty of food.
  • asiyah1187
    asiyah1187 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HELLO YALL ARE SO RUDE! Ppl really have a hard time eating and gaining! I for one love food and have a hard time eating, if I go to long hungry it's like stuck in that mood. I can also eat like I'm eating for three. ANYWAY!!!! Apetamin is really good for boosting ur apatite! I have it . Any questions feel free to ask ...kiss kiss.