I just returned from a rebel slip-up!

Options
My habits:
I usually eat fairly healthy, as much as possible, I stick to greens, egg n fish and rye bread.water or tea. I never ever really drink alcohol.

But:
This credit card, and some lonely emotions got to me.

Context:
Sometimes I eat at this social gathering place. Its free, and you have to help. But there are a lot of overweight people, especially at christmas meals. A lot drink cola, or sugary juice. I drink water and try to eat only salad\lettuce. The past days I have found myself in a hostile environnement. People don't always respect my choices, and leave snarky comments. This kind of subtle territorial battle can really drain on you. Resorting to passive aggressiveness I am not sure was the best option. But I didn't want to just hug fat people and accept their influence. I know it seems arrogant.

On my way home. In sunset boulevard, I bought a snackwich and a snackburger: In mcdonalds I bought a large fries(+mayo n ketchup), 6 hotwings, medium cola: then I went to buy and over the next two days, drink two bottles of Bailey. Yes, bailey.
I feel ashamed. But in the moment it tasted so good because I felt so bad.

Anyhow, I haven't been eating all day and finally I got up to make dinner. Two eggs, , four rye bread slices, and high quality olive oil. I later snacked two oranges.

Feedback appreciated.

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say because your diary is not publicly available, but it sounds like you might be depriving yourself too much, which for me at least can make me obsess over food and can trigger binges like that. Without actually logging it to see, I would estimate the calories in your dinner/snack to be around the 1000-1200cal mark, and that isn't enough to sustain any but the very tiniest of people, especially not if you're exercising as well. It's also obviously not sustainable for you, because you reverted to bingeing, and don't appear to have a positive relationship with food.

If you want any advice, this post is pretty good place to start for the basic concepts http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

And this one goes into more detail http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

In general, try not to beat yourself up when you slip up. Just make better decisions most of the time, and your mindset will improve. One or two days aren't going to completely ruin you, just get back up, dust yourself off (like you seem to have) and get on with it.

All the best :smile:
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know the all or nothing approach to weight loss. What is nice about MFP is that you can have some of those foods in moderation. But if it's a red light food stay far, far away. People make snarky comments because they have nothing better to say. Perhaps you can reply "Why thank you!" and make light of it. After years of weight loss and gain my goal to make a lifestyle change. When you slip up pick yourself up and start again. It's a learning process. You are doing this because it is the right thing to do for you. Don't let someone else's attitude or insecurities influence your decisions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!