How to get rid of this?

Options
This is embarrassing,but any tips for getting rid of this? It's killing my self-esteem. I'm toning up in other places but this just isn't doing anything. If anything,I think it's getting worse. I don't know if it's a result of being pregnant a year ago and having a c-section scar under all of that or what. But I hate it and I don't want to get surgery for it.

p4f40c7ql6ta.jpg
vso4zfxcwtxz.jpg

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Low carb - your best bet!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat less. move more.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You've got 70lbs to lose, right? You should see a huge reduction in your belly once you get to goal weight. Until then stick to the calories mfp has given you and try and incorporate some exercise when you can.
  • mickeywolfie
    mickeywolfie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ah I see. So the TDEE calculator doesn't matter too much right now?
    Because when I did the TDEE calculator it says weight loss is 1920 cals a day but my BMR is 1820 and my TDEE is 2093...and at the end of it where it says how much protein,carbs,etc I should consume it says "Calories 1169" so if I went with that should I be eating 1169 or 1920 or should I stick to mfp saying to consume 1770 cals?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You've got 70lbs to lose, right? You should see a huge reduction in your belly once you get to goal weight. Until then stick to the calories mfp has given you and try and incorporate some exercise when you can.

^^^yes exactly this. Also surgery (lipo or ??) won't help. I've had a c-section before too and it's not to blame.
    I'd stick to the calories that MFP gave you, reassess and adjust your calories if need be after 4-6 weeks.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i can tell you, ive lost 75 pounds in the past year and my belly has all but disappeared.... and my back fat, and double chin, and cankles, and and and ......

it takes time but you dont have to do anything SPECIAL to lose it other than... .eat less, move more.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories specified for you on the goals tab. If you exercise and track that then you can eat some or all of those calories as well

Belly fat is just fat and it responds very well to dieting.

Exercises that strengthen your pelvic floor and back will help with posture.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've lost 9 inches around my waist but I still have a belly hanging on 'til the very end. It did shrink but belly fat is annoying and stubborn. Be persistent and it will come off.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options

+1

This is the way to do it.

Sticking with it ... and patience.

• mickeywolfie
    Options
    Should I be doing something to try to tone too to prevent a saggy stomach from weight loss?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Should I be doing something to try to tone too to prevent a saggy stomach from weight loss?

Read the link posted right after your original post.
  • mickeywolfie
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Read the link posted right after your original post.

Oh,yeah,I'm sorry lol
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lb so far, after two pregnancies. I'm still hanging on to the "pouch," but it's definitely getting smaller. Keep working at it, and you should see the reduction too! I keep feeling like this is taking forever, but then I remind myself that 6 months ago, I weighed 30lb more. You can do it! Good luck!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    After 120lb loss it took me a year or two to really see improvement in my stomach area. I didn't work out as much then. I gained 50 lbs with this last pregnancy and I can really see the stomach area shrinking much faster.