5ft4in, 30ish lbs to lose, looking for daily texting/phone accountability friend

Options
6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg
Hi! I'm a 29 year old, married, nurse practitioner living in Milwaukee WI. I had amazing success in 2011 with MFP. I lost 25 lbs. Then I went to grad school and gained it all back. I'd really like to start again. I hate going through life uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to be healthy and live my life to the fullest. I think I would be successful if I had a friend to talk to every day for accountability. I'd like to talk on the phone or text every day. Please let me know if you are interested.
PS I included 2 photos. 1 was after my 25lb weight loss and the next is a horrible more recent photo...

-Kate

Replies

• snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am able to be a text buddy but only for a month or so. I have a very similar story and am also restarting.
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
    cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg
    Hi! I'm a 29 year old, married, nurse practitioner living in Milwaukee WI. I had amazing success in 2011 with MFP. I lost 25 lbs. Then I went to grad school and gained it all back. I'd really like to start again. I hate going through life uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to be healthy and live my life to the fullest. I think I would be successful if I had a friend to talk to every day for accountability. I'd like to talk on the phone or text every day. Please let me know if you are interested.
    PS I included 2 photos. 1 was after my 25lb weight loss and the next is a horrible more recent photo...

-Kate

You look fantastic!

• Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you are going to be in the zone for at least 6 months.

I workout regularly and have a significant goal in 10 months.

It is a good idea to have an accountability buddy.
  • carolineloves
    carolineloves Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to have someone to keep me accountable!
    Sending a request. :smiley:
  • stylelady1
    stylelady1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can have a group? I'm 5'5" and my first goal is to lose 10 lbs, ultimately would be good to lose 20 lbs. I also like to run! My immediate goal is to track my food for 30 out of the 31 days in December.
  • christyprunner
    christyprunner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
    cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg

-Kate
    6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
    cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg

-Kate
    6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
    cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg

-Kate
    6o5s7lued26i.jpeg
    cxoovh2v6o25.jpeg

-Kate

• christyprunner
    christyprunner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Kate
    I can not "like" this enough... Not bc I like weight gain but this is exactly me except I have 40 lbs to lose, same height. And I have race photos just like this as well. I have a half marathon goal in March and a full in oct. I can't fit in running clothes and the weight is slowing me down. I need some accountability!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I feel you, graduate school is definitely rough on the body. I oddly lost a bunch of weight in grad school (stress and anxiety apparently decrease my appetite), but gained a bunch in the dreaded office cube setting. I'd love to be friends and keep each other on track!
  • lippicker3000
    lippicker3000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I feel you, graduate school is definitely rough on the body. I oddly lost a bunch of weight in grad school (stress and anxiety apparently decrease my appetite), but gained a bunch in the dreaded office cube setting. I'd love to be friends and keep each other on track!
    Same here. Was at my thinnest then. Now a few years later in the office and I'm up 25lbs. Feel free to add me ladies.
  • crippcrunch
    crippcrunch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! As you can see you're not alone! Many of us have similar stories. I gained ~15lbs during nursing school and becoming a nurse didn't help the weight come off. I just recently joined MFP and have lost ~10lbs. I am 5'1 and 139lb, as you know, that still leaves me with an overweight BMI. I think you have a wonderful and strong body and I am certain that you've pushed it to the limit working all sorts of werid hours and taking care of others. Also I'm certian you have a powerful mind; otherwise you wouldn't be a NP. Try to remind yourself how important it is for you to take care of YOU. It's not a chore its a necessity! I'd love to cheer you on! And always remember when you feel that burn during your workouts, that
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    stylelady1 wrote: »
    Maybe we can have a group? I'm 5'5" and my first goal is to lose 10 lbs, ultimately would be good to lose 20 lbs. I also like to run! My immediate goal is to track my food for 30 out of the 31 days in December.

I love the idea of a 5'4"-5'5" group! I would join.
  • 9Alessandro
    9Alessandro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know I'm the only guy to post to this but I am also in a similar situation. I currently am in my last year of grad school and gained the 30 plus pounds I lost last year and then some. I want to feel good when I walk across that stage. I could use the extra support. Please add me if you'd like, I'm good at motivating too
  • nouh220200
    nouh220200 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok awesome let's do this
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Ill be the 2nd guy to post i guess lol. Im 32 going through the same journey and trying to conquer life back. Anyone feel free to add me or text me i could use the friends
  • katejhowarth
    katejhowarth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking for an accountability partner. Everyone who commented and added me wasn't really interested after all so I deleted them. I don't want to have friends that I dont talk to every day or almost every day. I'm still looking for some real friends who want to check in daily and work together towards a goal.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Katie. I have lost 41lbs with another 20 or so to go. I'm a busy mom to 3 and work FT. I'm on here daily and love meeting new people. Feel free to add me/message. :)
  • marcusjjohnson1
    marcusjjohnson1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I with you! I need the same accountability! A group would be great! Let me know if you are interested!
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking for an accountability partner. Everyone who commented and added me wasn't really interested after all so I deleted them. I don't want to have friends that I dont talk to every day or almost every day. I'm still looking for some real friends who want to check in daily and work together towards a goal.

Kate I am working on losing 25 more lbs. I can be an accountability partner. I'm in fitbit challenges all the time to keep me accountable for my exercise. We also do food logging challenges as well. If you are interested, please feel free to friend me.
  • acarmella88
    acarmella88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello Kate!

I've recently had a shock when I had a hard number of a 30lb weight gain in the past year. I am looking to get serious about my weight loss goals, and would love to have an accountabili-buddy! I was just saying the other day that I really need someone to "nag" me and make sure that I am staying on track! Please add me/message me so that we can chat about our goals. I am busy with two jobs so phone calls may not work for me, but I can always text! :smile: