Do you have a HIIT story?

Options
I found this great site and have been doing their videos for a while now. https://www.fitnessblender.com/

My questions are: What kind results did you see? How long did it take you? What was the diet you paired with it? How much did you lose/gain?

Replies

• deedapar
    deedapar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES! I started losing weight Aug 2014 under a Dr's care. I mainly did just calorie restriction at first, but Feb/Mar 2015, I started working out faithfully

I incorporated HIIT workouts 4-6 days a week. My weight and fat loss took off after the first month. Seriously...the pounds fell off of me. In 6 months I lost 40 lbs (after already losing 43 by mainly just diet) and 14% body fat. In that same time, I only lost .2% lean body mass. Dr said results were amazing, especially for my age/gender. ALL the weight loss was fat. I'm a 46 year old woman and I am amazed by how my body has responded to these workouts. I'm strong and lean and hit my weight loss goal Sept. 15. My metabolism has increased drastically! I can eat 500 more calories today than I could when I was 87 pounds heavier! It's unbelievable.

I PREACH HIIT workouts to anyone who will listen. AND...I use fitnessblender a ton! Did one of their workouts this morning. I've also purchased some of their programs. They are cheap and you can use them over and over. I travel a lot and can do their workouts anywhere. Just pick what you want to do, how much time you have, how hard you want to work, etc... and GO! I now do HIIT about 3 x a week and strength training 3 x a week as well as running about 1-3 x week. I usually combine 2 of the 3 on a day and work out 3-5 x a week for an hour.

On diet, I log everything I eat. I try to get in 90 grams of lean protein every day and in general just try to eat healthy...low fat, low sugar, low carbs. I'm definitely not as strict as I could be, but I use common sense and when I indulge, I keep it small.

I say go for it and good luck! It's a fantastic, efficient workout for weight loss/maintenance.
  • Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @deedapar
    That's awesome!! I've been doing HIIT off and on for 5-8 months. I also use FitnessBlender!
    Sadly, my results haven't been as great as yours, but I'm getting there.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Fitnessblender HIIT workouts. I absolutely hate running, so HIIT is a way for me to get cardio in that is FUN! Seriously, if you had told me a few months ago that I would look forward to burpies, I would say you were crazy. I've lost about 20lbs using their videos so far and can't wait to continue working out and losing with them.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Dunno if I really have a "story", but I do it and it's done wonders for my cardiovascular health.
  • mimigingerbread
    mimigingerbread Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love fitnessblender! Did their programs all year which incorporate a lot of HIIT as well as strength training. Lost 50 pounds from jan-sept. Mostly maintaining now but haven't been as careful with eating. I'm within a healthy range but would like to lose a bit more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!