HELP NEEDED!!!!

Options
Question: Today while working out, I burned 1116 calories within a 99 minute session; however, when entered the time in my log, it automatically entered 548 for 99 minutes. Should I change the enter to reflect what I truly burned or just use what system reflects?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Unless you were using a HRM to calculate steady-state cardio, I'd go with the 548. You'll never be sure of what you truly burn anyway.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Unless you were using a HRM to calculate steady-state cardio, I'd go with the 548. You'll never be sure of what you truly burn anyway.

Agreed.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with the previous answers, keep it at the 548.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What were you doing? Ans how did you measure calorie burn?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I never worry about how many calories I burn during exercise or about eating them back. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    I doubt you even burned 500. I'd go with the lower number.
  • Cjei2001
    Cjei2001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I have a polar heart monitor that tracks my heart rate and calories burned.

• Cjei2001
    Options

I'm doing strength and cardio. On that particular day, I was doing leg routine and cardio mix. I have a polar heart monitor that measures my heart beat and calories burned.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    always go with the lower number.

ALWAYS.

i dont even log/eat back the majority of my exercise. i used to but then plateaued and discovered that not logging and eating it back gave me better results. not to mention i got to eat (my calories are set at maintenance, so any exercise is a bonus) and for me, that way i still stay above 1200 net - even on a heavy workout day (700+ calorie burns).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Cjei2001 wrote: »

I'm doing strength and cardio. On that particular day, I was doing leg routine and cardio mix. I have a polar heart monitor that measures my heart beat and calories burned.

HRMs are inaccurate for strength training, only steady state cardio as I said above. Wear it for your cardio only.
  • Cjei2001
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I never worry about how many calories I burn during exercise or about eating them back. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Thank you! I'll do that.
  • Cjei2001
    Options
    always go with the lower number.

ALWAYS.

i dont even log/eat back the majority of my exercise. i used to but then plateaued and discovered that not logging and eating it back gave me better results. not to mention i got to eat (my calories are set at maintenance, so any exercise is a bonus) and for me, that way i still stay above 1200 net - even on a heavy workout day (700+ calorie burns).

That's what I thought but I was unsure. Thank you!
  • WonderWoman407
    WonderWoman407 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I enter my exercise times etc... (Someone PLEASE tell me how. :'( )