Pregnancy and mfp

Options
anyone else use mfp during pregnancy? Is it advised/ healthy to use during! Not used it for couple of months but need to start logging again as do t want to get into bad habits and need to keep on track!

Replies

• shivi484
    shivi484 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also still going to gym 4 times per week! Would be great to meet a friend for motivation etc x
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It's not recommended that you work to lose weight during pregnancy. Most doctors recommend eating at your maintenance calories during the first trimester, 250 over your maintenance calories in the second, and 350-500 over maintenance calories during the third trimester. I'm not a doctor though, so this isn't medical advice.
  • shivi484
    shivi484 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeh I know, I'm not looking to loose weight! Just maintain as much as I can and get back into logging etc Thanks for your comment tho.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant! Feel free to add me. I plan to log use MFP throughout my pregnancy.
  • sabrinaxo10
    sabrinaxo10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was pregnant! Not for losing weight, but more to track what I was eating & make sure I was getting enough nutrients & calories!
  • heckaveggie
    heckaveggie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used MFP during pregnancy to track protein & vitamin needs! Especially if you are experiencing morning sickness or cravings, it can be really helpful! Feel free to add me, mamas!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 weeks with my first and I've used MFP for two years to lose weight. When I got pregnant I changed my profile to maintenance and added my extra calories as needed. I also changed my macros to track fiber and iron to make sure I'm getting enough. feel free to add me. Congrats!!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I logged all through my pregnancy (and the 10 months previous to it). I logged so that I would gain a healthy/recommended amount of weight, which I did. I'd say it's advisable so long as you are not using MFP to lose weight or maintain your weight (you should speak with your doctor or look online for your BMI recommendations).