Need encouraging words

Options
Well I've not tracked my food in about 2 weeks I was doing well and feeling empowered then it's like I got bored with myself and just stopped! How does this happen? Why can I save everyone else and not stick to what will allow me to live longer so today I'm reaching out for ideas and kind words and if anyone knows of any online groups I can join that would be so nice I need to be accountable to myself but it's easier to have a weight loss support person well if anyone even sees this I would appreciate any feed back that's positive.

Replies

• melissapessoaaraujo
    Options
    I'm just starting (again) on my journey. But, what I know is that it's more than just weight loss and about changes in lifestyle and wanted to live a healthy life. When we realize how important that is, then I guess it makes it easier to stick with a plan. I don't believe in radical changes or radical diets. But rather little steps at a time. You can do it girl!
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At the moment I need motivation too... so I read the success stories and it helps me. I believe if they can do it, I can do it and YOU can do it.

You do it for yourself. Life will be easier; you will be healthy and you will have more energy.
    For your new life... Think : slowly but surely. Everytime you do something good for yourself, be proud. Every little step is important. Sometimes it won't be ok but never give up. We're not perfect but we can do our best. You will do it because you can.

• monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    P.S sorry for my English...that's not my language ;-)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What's helped me keep motivated is the COMMUNITY here, and friends. Trying to do it without that support was really difficult for me. So stick around here, read all you can, and build a nice group of friends. You can provide mutual support, and it really does help.
  • bcovely
    bcovely Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hear you. You do need to put yourself first, which for a lot of us, is hard. I was losing weight, and was down 40 pounds. Then I got tired, bored, not sure what. 10 pounds on and a year later - it's still here. I think (fingers crossed) I'm back on track - but like above, we have to remember we are here for each other. Friend me if you like and good luck with you weight loss journey. You can do it!!!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, almost all of us are here because we overate. I admit it, I love food. I find the hardest part is getting out of that "I'll eat this and not worry about it" habit...by logging your food you actually see it in front of you, how much we are eating.

My issue is that nutritionists and such tell you cheese is healthy in moderation and such. But I love cheese, and if I eat the tiny amount they say is healthy, I will just want more. So when I eat cheese I end up going all in, smothering nachos with it or piling mozza onto a pizza.

While you eat it, it's great. Freaking delicious. But then it's gone, and you get that,"Why did I do that again?" feeling. I try to imagine that feeling before indulging now. It reminds me not to pig out.

Portion the food, even cheesy things or whatever. And you will realize you can still eat it in smaller amounts and still lose pounds! You can do this! You really can! You just have to convert eating smaller portions into being a habit.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me "I can do this. I am worth it"
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. Just start logging again. Log the bad stuff. Look at it, reflect on the calories, and ask if it was really worth it. I'm in a little slump, but I log. And today, after yet another 500 calories of Christmas candy, I realized I could stay under goal if I didn't eat anymore candy. So I stopped. Last year I'd be on round 3 of the candy by now. I find that logging it honestly really helps me to overeat less, or to not overeat at all.
  • Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can add me!