New to the forum

Options
Hello I am Niki. I started my weight loss Journey when my husband signed us up for a mini-marathon, officially it was January and I was in Hawaii. When I got back from my vacation (my husband's work trip), I had to continue my training on my own as he was gone for 6 weeks. He is a runner and had tried to get me to sign up for 5ks and 10ks in the past, but I wouldn't. Something changed this time around and I decided to go for a mini-marathon (13.1) miles. When I got back I also joined The Skinny Mom Challenge online. I completed the mini-marathon in 3 hrs 3 min and 14 secs. I also finished The Skinny Mom Challenge and actually won, I had the most percentage of weight loss of everyone that had signed up. So, to date I have lost a total of 21 lbs and am eager to continue my journey and get rid of another 40 lbs! I have the best support from my husband, my 2year old inspiration (Grayden) and The Skinny Mom Challenge coach. I have tried to diet so many times in the past and have found that this isn't just a diet, it is a "lifestyle change". I finally get it and am loving it!

1980032.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• neison78
    neison78 Posts: 6
    Options
    I forgot to add...to celebrate my 21lbs lost, I went out and bought a few summer dresses over the weekend. It has been so long since I have felt comfortable to wear a dress!
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    Awesome job and congrats on your run! this place is amazing to help get you over the humps and to help you celebrate your successes. New dress is a great way to celebrate!!! :)
    Cheers
    Gen
    Ps feel free to add me if you'd like
  • kitcatnik
    kitcatnik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is so great. Can't believe you started with a mini marathon. I found running last year kinda a fluke. Running the same 5k race that started it all for me July 4th to see if I can beat my time. If anything im hoping a year later crossing the finish line will feel a little more enjoyable and a little less painful. Welcome to the site and congrats on your progress so far.