100+ lbs to lose!

Options
Hey my name is Sierra. I'm 26, 5'10" and 370 lbs. I have a long way to go but I'm ready to make a change. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I feel awful at this weight.

Replies

• mandagirl4816
    mandagirl4816 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels to feel awful with your weight. Hard to explain but at times I feel trapped in my body. This is my first time on here and not sure how it works yet... But good luck !
  • sisteract327
    sisteract327 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 70 lbs through proper nutrition and fitness. And have become a certified nutritionist I want to help people with the same struggles I had. It's been a year and a half and have not gained a pound back just getting stronger. Stay away from gimmicks and any quick fix Plus you must eat food not drink shakes . If you need help let me know renee@sisteractfitness.com
  • johnpacuta
    johnpacuta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 100+ club! Sitting at 319.6 lbs down from 365.4 lbs. I swear I can feel the difference between a gaining day and a losing day. Even though we both have a couple pounds to lose, we are both people in the right place doing the right things! Bon Chance from Canada!
  • Allset135
    Allset135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup same here, my name is Jo and I need to lose 115lbs
  • garmstrong
    garmstrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks. My name is Gayle and I am here because I currently weigh 308 lbs. Trying to get to about 180 or so. I try to stay motivated but find myself in a rut. I'll be a regular here if you are all staying here for support. I'll help you if you help me too!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Don't focus too much on how much you have to lose because it can seem overwhelming- just make some positive changes and set some smaller goals.. 5, 10, 25 pounds at a time, etc. The weight comes off before you know it. It can be slow and will take awhile, but that's the way it goes and you'll feel so much better and healthier even after just losing 5 or 10%. You've got this!
  • itsnowornever77
    itsnowornever77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I will send you a request. Anyone else can feel free to add me also. Hope you all have a great day!
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 42m and my doc says if things don't change I'll be dead in 5-10 years or less. I think his words have finally given me the kick in the pants I needed to succeed. If anyone wants to be friends i would enjoy having someone to share with.
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    100 club here too. I get how ya feel!

Anyone is welcome to friend me!
  • ttejeda714
    ttejeda714 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Terry.. I am pretty new to this. I would like to loose 100 pounds. I have managed to loose more than 150 pounds on my own, naturally, but that was 3 years ago and I have been stuck ever since. Stopped trying...
  • allymac64
    allymac64 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, there is a wonderfully supportive MFP group for those wanting to lose 100+ lb:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

It's a friendly, supportive and fun group of people with similar situations and goals. Feel free to join us! :)
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I know what you mean by feeling awful. When I started at the end of June, I had 131.8 pounds to lose and I now have 82 pounds to go. I can already feel a huge difference in the way I feel and I am so much more comfortable in my body. I am more flexible now. You are smart to start your journey at a young age!
  • windmeier
    windmeier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 71 and need to lost another 21-29 pounds. It's overwhelming if you think I've got so much to lose and it's really, really easy to just not start.
    BUTT..... If you take it in 10 pound increments, it will be much less intimidating.
    AND then when you're at a half way, you can look back and see how far you've come.
    AND then the 2nd part of your journey will be much easier.
    Smile... You can and WILL do this... :)
  • conniejp32
    conniejp32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds and need to loose 20 more, small baby steps, set goals that you can reach, that will help motivate you, and once you start seeing changes that will make you keep at it. Good Luck to all, keep focused you got this hands down!!!