Not Hungry

Options
I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but what do I do at mealtime if I'm not hungry? I usually am super hungry all the time, but today I'm just not.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Dispense of set 'mealtimes'. Meet your calorie and macronutritional goals throughout the day however you see fit.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If it's a one time thing...I wouldn't fret. Wait a few hours...maybe you'll be hungry later.

Or skip the meal. No biggie.

You can have an extra big piece of pie for dessert tonight, then!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    not hungry, don't eat.
  • lamkini
    lamkini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay, great. Glad to hear it's simple. Thanks for humoring me, guys! Have a great day!
  • lamkini
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Dispense of set 'mealtimes'. Meet your calorie and macronutritional goals throughout the day however you see fit.

Actually, follow up question. Is it not necessary to have "set" mealtimes? I have heard in several sources that trying to spread things out in 5-6 meals throughout the day is best, if for no other reason than that it's easier to eat a bunch of calories in small batches. Other than that reason, I've heard that breaking up your meals into smaller meals helps increase metabolism.

Anyone care to comment? Too off subject?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    lamkini wrote: »

Actually, follow up question. Is it not necessary to have "set" mealtimes? I have heard in several sources that trying to spread things out in 5-6 meals throughout the day is best, if for no other reason than that it's easier to eat a bunch of calories in small batches. Other than that reason, I've heard that breaking up your meals into smaller meals helps increase metabolism.

Meal timing is not relevant. Choose what works for you. Boosting one's metabolism isn't that simple.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lamkini wrote: »

You don't have to have set meal times. Eat when you are hungry. I personally save up most my calories for dinner and dessert after. I don't eat "breakfast." I have a yogurt and berries about 10 a.m (I get up at 5:00). Why should I eat a big breakfast, like some people says is so important, when I am not hungry? I've been losing steadily as long as I am faithful about weighing and logging my food. The simple bottom line is as long as you burn more calories than you eat each day, you will lose weight.
  • lamkini
    Options
    Great, works for me. Thanks again, everyone!