Superbowl

Options
What are you guys going to do to not go over board? Or is that going to be a "free" day? I myself tend to not eat a lot on Sunday's so I think it will be a free day. We are just going to order pizza (I like thin crust veggie pizza) and some chips and something chocolate. I don't drink beer, so I'll just stick to diet coke.

But that's just me. How about you? I'm just glad Superbowl is once a year.

Replies

• trishara
    Options
    What are you guys going to do to not go over board? Or is that going to be a "free" day? I myself tend to not eat a lot on Sunday's so I think it will be a free day. We are just going to order pizza (I like thin crust veggie pizza) and some chips and something chocolate. I don't drink beer, so I'll just stick to diet coke.

But that's just me. How about you? I'm just glad Superbowl is once a year.
  • Narya
    Narya Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want, but I am going to keep track of it. I assume that about half way through the day it will scare me into making better choices, and probably stop eating at that point. So yeah, will probably be a free day for me.
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i'm going to make sure i get in a good workout early in the day!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We have a superbowl menu planned...and it is NOT going to fit within our "calorie budget". We are taking the day off. We always work out pretty hard on Saturdays anyway what with taking care of the horses, snowshoeing, or hiking and the elliptical, but Superbowl is Superbowl. We're going to enjoy it and get back on the wagon on Monday.:laugh:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    thankfully we are invited to a friend's house - so no leftovers! or having to feed the masses.

the plan is to eat a VERY small breakfast and lunch, take a LONG walk.. and bring a 'safe' snack (veggies and marzetti fat free dill dip- which is delicious) and try to limit myself to a couple delectable treats....

:drinker: GO PATS!
  • shana1875
    Options
    Sundays are freebie days for me and I am going to a friends for a Superbowl party. I am still going to try not to go overboard but was told by a friend that I need not to worry about it and enjoy the day; which I will. :drinker:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i'm going to make sure i get in a good workout early in the day!

I agree!:drinker:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i am going to enter all of the food that I want to eat before the game begins:drinker: , maybe on saturday, and hope that the calorie count scares me into behaving.:frown: :noway: :sad: :embarassed:

It will be so much fun to remove those things that I have not eaten. :indifferent: :smile: :laugh: :happy:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought of that approach but it sounds like it could work! Well exercising more wont' work for me, hurt my back( long story) so I am going to go with baked tostios and salsa (not the cheese kind), a veggie platter and lowfat dip and shrimp w/ cocktail sauce. That should fill me up. I'll be busy rooting for my team anyway. :bigsmile: Everyone have a really fun day!:smile:
  • lapach
    lapach Posts: 30
    Options
    We are going to some friends house....but pretty lucky ..because just about everyone that is going is working out and dieting to! Im sure there will be some high calorie foods but Sunday will be my cheat day! Just not going to go overboard. I also plan on working out Sat. Morning and we might go roller skating on Sat. too!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't watch football so it won't be a problem for me!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Sunday is my free day! Works out well because it is also my brother's birthday so I am just going to enjoy the day, be careful to take into account what I am eating, but enjoy the day! Good Luck to everyone!:flowerforyou: Just remember Monday is a new day...
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    FREE DAY FOR ME!!! I'm from NY so it is a big deal this year. I'm not even going to worry about calories. We are having a party and the menu includes:

Homemade chili; with beef.
    Hot wings!!!
    chili dogs
    deviled eggs
    pumpkin bread

beer and soda

and then whatever happens to be there.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!! (although i am a Jet fan....I just hate the Patriots :devil:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Free day.