Question about Running for the guys

Options
ukhennin
ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
Gentlemen,

What type of underwear do you run in? I'm normally a boxer or a boxerbrief guy but I've noticed while running they chafe a little. Do you guys get separate running underwear or do you just use your every day stuff?

Replies

• MSgtD911
    MSgtD911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wear compression shorts. I've run up to 15 miles with no issues.
  • fennjd
    fennjd Posts: 4
    Options
    Compression shorts. Once I started using them, I run in nothing but.

Can be found a sporting good stores, or even department stores like Target and Kohl's -- I get mine at Target, and they run about $9 USD per pair.

Amazon is a good place to get them too, if you are OK with waiting for shipping.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i wear under armour running shorts that have this built-in mesh underwear (i have an old navy pair as well that are similar). i guess what i'm saying is that i don't wear any underwear when i run hahaha...
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm still a novice when it comes to running. For me thoughI've noticed though the underwear doesn't matter as much as making sure I'm wearing shorts/sweats that don't hang too low in the crotch. That's when the bare skin rubs and...ouch...
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I only run when, I didn't hear the bell on the Ice cream truck the first time.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Lined running shorts. Yup Commando and relying on the breathable liner in my running shorts to keep the boys cool...:wink:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Either running shorts with built in ones, or UA heat gear 6" undies. They are really nice when I have regular shorts on.
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. Time to go shopping I guess.