Feeling demotivated

Options
Help !!! Feeling super demotivated right now ! I have a great personal trainer that puts up with me but just feeling like all the training is to hard. When I've done it and see the results I'm happy ! Feel like I'm not in the zone

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You have to fight through anyway. You can't get through this on motivation. You have to use determination. That was a hard lesson for me. Now, I go to the gym even though I'm tired, even when I have a headache, even when it's been a long day at work. The determination is when I started seeing results. Motivation comes and go, you cannot rely on it to get you through all the time.
  • lilkirs
    lilkirs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Definitely have determination. I do go gym when I'm tired and when I can't be bothered. And I'm seeing the results in my health already but just not getting past it's hard part!
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Gotcha. I've found that feeling comes and go in cycles for me. Some days I am raring to go, some days I am dragging my pathetic behind into the gym. Eventually, I get motivated again. Usually when I put up a PR lift or do something I couldn't do before.
  • lilkirs
    Options
    Lol I think for me it's the I can't do it ! Like the new weights added to my workout gets me in a mood everytime !!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Weird question, but are you eating enough carbs to fuel your weight lifting? I get really weak with my lifting if I don't eat enough carbs. I have my macros set at 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's not easy, even scary sometimes. When I had a personal trainer, he would have me do things where I was thinking the whole session "I can't do this", "I'm going to cave", "I can't breathe", "this is just too heavy", but I kept pushing myself. Not all trainers are equally motivating either. I have been with, heard stories about, and observed trainers that there is no way I could work with them. You need that balance between support and encouragement and tough love from them. Sometimes they can beat you down and then build you back up. And after a while you will be able to motivate and find that determination within yourself so you can do it on your own or with a supportive partner. Push, push, push through. Just gut it out! You can do this and make sure you're eating well, too. That is more important than the workouts themselves. Good luck on your journey!
  • lilkirs
    Options
    I'm on high protein eating however I do eat carbs just but mainly at lunch time. Thankyou my PT is great he really pushes me really supports me it's just me lol but I do have the same thoughts u were saying. I get the I can't do this is my head when training to!!!