Third time the charm?

Options
Hey there! My name is Briana and I'm about to start my third weight loss journey as i just keep gaining back the weight. I'm looking to lose between 40-50 pounds. I did HCG a couple years ago and ate less than 500 calories a day ( basically starved myself) and lost a ton! 5 months ago I went on the tai60 diet and lost 20 pounds but immediately gained it back. In the past, I have been a believer that you must have some type of supplement to lose the weight. But this time I'm doing it the old fashioned way... Eating healthy and working out. I used to be very active where I was much lighter; rode dirt bikes often, and participated in many sports... Now, I sit at a desk all day. I love hearing motivated story's. Who else is going to old fashioned route and succeeding?

Replies

• thenewabby
    thenewabby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weighed 268 pounds at my heaviest. There was no magic bullet to get that weight off, and it certainly didn't come off as quickly as I put it on; it took me almost a decade from the point where I realized I was in real health trouble to now. I am now over 100 pounds lighter, play sports, run, and do pretty much whatever I want. It's not easy, but it definitely is the best way to go and worth it. I set small goals for myself and just kept chipping away at my weight. Now it's just those last 15 pounds that won't come off. Time to change up my exercise routine!

"Just keep swimming!" - Dory

• shivi484
    shivi484 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello honey! I've been same doing diets and not really successful until last year when I stopped all diets and thought I just need to eat healthy and work out properly!!!! So I now have been working out and lost 10% bf !! I am now pregnant with my 2nd baby but still need to keep motivated and logging as in. If logged for months!!! Got into bad habits etc xxxx
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    You have a great plan! I have tried the gimmick ways to lose weight as well, just to gain it back. I've been on here in the past and it truly works - but you also need to stick with it as the weight won't fall off as fast as it may have in the past. 1lb weight loss a week is GREAT, and it will be better to lose it over a longer period of time as I hear it is better for your body and easier to keep it off later on. I've lost about 39lbs so far with 20 more to go. :)
  • Courtney_LeeAn
    Courtney_LeeAn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have a desk job! Well half, I work at a Drs office as a medical assistant so I'm up and down during the day then head home to a toddler. We stared eating healthy at home and I do pilates when I can in the morning. In about seven months I lost 30 pounds!