Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PCOS weight struggle

So have pcos and have really struggled to lose weight especially after having my daughter 5 years ago. I would do great for a couple of weeks lose a couple of pounds then gain it back with some friends too. I hated having my picture taken especially full body shots (still do) which I kind of regret as it would of been good to see the progress through pictures. Ive been using this app for the past 2 years the first year was really sporadic, but this last year I have really knuckled down and tried my best. Ive failed several times, life got in the way, work was too much at times, my ironing pile just had to be done before my workout, but I always bounced back after some lovely messages from supportive friends on here. It hasn't been easy, I have no motivation to exercise, I wish something in me would just click like so many of my friends have, so I do find it a struggle, but am proud of myself afterwards. Ive been called a lot of names over the years which still hurt, Ive been called a quitter (true at times), and Ive also lacked support from people that I really needed it from, but through all this I write this weighing in at 202lb. My original weight 3 years ago when I realised I had to change was 254. When i really needed help doing this and joined Mfp I was 238b, I still have a long way to go and need help along the way, but this for me is a real achievement. I am very proud of myself and will continue to become a better me, not for anyone else, but for me :smiley:0eaobliu0bya.jpg
38k5omgcejtv.jpg
46vtbcyfoj0i.jpg

Replies

• akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    I think you are doing great! I've started and failed so many times, I've had this account for so long, but I just came back myself. Life can really get in the way, but just keep doing what your doing. I just started doing the Walk at Home program (it's Leslie Sansone's DVDs-previously called Walk away the Pounds) and it has been so easy to stick with. I don't have PCOS, but I am over 300lbs and I know how hard it can be to find an exercise you can commit to, and this is so easy, you can just do it anytime, you don't even need to use the DVDs once you have the moves down and it's low impact and so easy you can do it in anything, no active wear, no shoes and no additional equipment needed, just you! Anyway, didn't mean to sound like a salesman there for a minute, lol, Good luck to you!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    I understand your struggle, I also was diagnosed with PCOS. It's hard for me too. You look fantastic! Keep up the hard work. I just started the C25K program, some days are good and some days I struggle so bad I have to repeat the day several times before I can move on to the next. Baby steps.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    thanks for your comments xx
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Great story. It's not just the straight hardcore success stories that motivate us. Sometimes it's the entire journey of successes failures that brings things into perspective. We can sympathize because we've been on that journey as well.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Congratulations! You have accomplished so much! <3
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Not to negate your progress, but you are beautiful at any weight by the looks of those pictures. You have a classic beauty about you. Congratulations on your success. I am on the same kind of try and fail and try again journey. I hope I can post here in a year or so like you.
  • Corpsebride81
    Thank you all for your comments xx
  • Treysar
    Treysar Posts: 34 Member
    You look great!
    I have pros too. I have had great success with a lower carb diet. For the first time in my life I get a monthly period. Never had that before, and I think it is because of the low carb/low sugar diet.
  • Corpsebride81
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Fellow PCOSer here. You have done really well and look great!
  • jillglw
    jillglw Posts: 24 Member
    Another PCOSer here, and congrats to you! trying to stay low carb and sugar, the only thing that ever works for me!
  • BombShell001
    BombShell001 Posts: 18 Member
    Well done! You're looking great :-)
    I was also diagnosed with PCOS a few weeks ago. I told my doctor that I'd been eating really healthy and working out every day for the past 3 months (Insanity & T25) but weight loss was super slow (only lost 3kg/7lbs). She suggested a low GI diet and told me what foods to avoid and what foods to eat more of. I've been logging religiously with a few treats here and there and it's really made a difference. Not only do I feel a whole lot better, I've lost 6kg/14lbs in the past 4 weeks!!
    I actually fit into a dress which I got stuck in a few months ago! I was so excited when I was able to take it off easily without working up a sweat and worrying about if it's gonna rip :-/
    lol, anywho. Congrats again :) and keep up the good work :+1:
  • Corpsebride81
    Hey guys thanks for sharing your tips I will definitely be taking them on board I also use a product by a company called forever which increased my metabolism by using natural ingredients and I've already lost another 3lb
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 494 Member
    Fantastic!!! Wonderful progress and dedication. I agree with Sinnister. It's stories about those who keep fighting through that are truly inspirational!

I have PCOS, too, and I managed to hit my goal weight three years ago. Every single pound has come back on over the past three years due to injuries slowing down my workouts, foot surgery, crazy life, etc. Add the hormone issues to the mix, and I was doomed. Now I'm trying to get back to every day tracking and exercise. Lowering my carbs helps, too, but it's no fun! So I'm struggling to find the right balance again. If you can find a workout that clicks with you, that was my key. I love to dance, so it was Rockin' Body at first. Then when I found those getting easier, I found I LOVED a challenge and started harder programs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!