Discouraged by weight gain! Help!

Options
Hi everyone!

I started my weight loss journey last year, at 265 lbs, and ended up at 177 lbs, but with finals and the holidays and SOOO much stress, I've been eating comfort food/whatever is convenient. I'm back at 185, and I know it's not much, but it honestly distresses me. I'm so afraid because I have so many distractions and stresses in my life that I'll just slowly make my way back into the 200s. I just need some motivation

Replies

• Mirandadee12
    Mirandadee12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I was 260 and got down to 212 and now am back up to 225. Thank you holidays and graduate school. I'm out of control and cannot get a hold of myself :(
  • MrsMunsell
    MrsMunsell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good news is you are aware that you had a slip up! I recently went through this too, I was halfway to my goal then ended up right back where I started! Keep track and log your food, get outside or do a DVD to get some endorphins pumping! At first it SUCKS but then you lose your first couple pounds and feel good again.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you have are having a tough time and feel down over putting on some weight.

My advice would be just do the most important thing and keep logging your calories accurately at the deficit you already put in.....

Just this one thing will keep you heading down in the weight dept. even if you don't have time for anything extra you can at keep your eye on the most important thing for weight loss and that is CI being less than CO.

Congratulations by the way.....you have awesome success, so you know how to do this....life gets in the way sometimes and it's easy to get a little bit rattled and distracted (esp. at this time of year too).....everyone has these moments but the successful ones take a deep breath, realize it's just a temporary bump in the road and then move on.....I am sure you can too.

Wishing you all the best.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Congrats on how you've done thus far!!! I know it's rough when the scale starts going the other direction. Back in April 2011 I started on this journey at 376, got down to 225-ish, and am now at 325-ish. Trust me - I told myself I was not going to be one of those people who gained it all back. Life happens when we make other plans.....lots of stuff diverted, distracted and otherwise blew me off course.

My best suggestions would be - keep logging; do not give yourself license to eat whatever/whenever. Remember your motivation, or find a new motivator or set a new goal. I know - cliche cliche. but it is true. For me, getting back on track was remembering that it's more about discipline than willpower. Not to sound like GH Bush, but "stay the course". You'll get thru.

For what it's worth, and Good luck!!!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why it is so hard to get back on track....we all know how to do this right! I gained so much after having surgery and it is time to get it together and start again.
    I realized yesterday that I have stopped doing some very important things like logging honestly, weighing daily, moving more and participating in this community. All of which led me to success. For me, this is where and how the mental part of weight loss grows stronger each day.
    We can stop the madness right now! LOL
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Develop a plan for nutrition and exercise. You'll get it to come back off. It's a rough journey sometimes, but the fact that you recognize it is great. If you need some help or advice, let me know. I'm always happy to help.
  • ludaone
    ludaone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leeza05 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I started my weight loss journey last year, at 265 lbs, and ended up at 177 lbs, but with finals and the holidays and SOOO much stress, I've been eating comfort food/whatever is convenient. I'm back at 185, and I know it's not much, but it honestly distresses me. I'm so afraid because I have so many distractions and stresses in my life that I'll just slowly make my way back into the 200s. I just need some motivation

• MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do not get worried. I think panic leads to more eating. As you said, it's not that much. Try to get back on the horse as if you never got off :)

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You've lost a lot. You know what to do and how to do it. Just need to get back at it. You can do this!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job so far. Just keep plugging along and be encouraged by your overall trend. It's discouraging, I know, but it's also part of the journey. You'll get to your goal!