Motivation

Options
Hi everyone. I am here to get
Motivation to stay on my diet plan and not to lose hope even if i fail sometimes.

Replies

• djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club as you are not alone. What you will read here on line will hopefully help you keep at it as so many others are going through the same thing. Go slow and steady and set realistic goals. When you can measure success - no matter how small - you will get the energy and desire to keep on target. Remember measuring success is not just the # on the scale. Its the number on the tape measure, the # of steps you can take or the stairs you can climb or just how much better you feel at the end of a day.
  • thebaddplace
    thebaddplace Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find looking at the before and after pics of MFP members quite motivating to stay on course.
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What I find helps me is reading the mindfulness and motivation articles on myfitnesspal blog. Very inspiring and it reminds me that it is a mind process as well as a lifestyle process. Log the food, exercise and remind yourself that you are doing an amazing job. It is so far from a diet this logging business. I could never stick to a diet. But this is not a diet as I can be flexible in what I eat. I have successfully lost 5 kilos and kept it off which I am very happy about. Since I have been logging and seeing results over time I have also noticed my 30 minute daily walk has turned into a 20 minute walk/jog. I walk up the hills and jog the rest very slow mind. Thank you for your input. Cathy
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just remember everyone has bad days. If you fall don't stay down get back up and start fresh again. I'll go weeks doing great then fall for a day or two but then think of what the end goal will look and feel like and then get back up and start again. Ensure you have a great support system to motivate you daily. I get a lot of great support from people on here and also give a lot of motivation and support feel free to add me and we all can do this journey together