Literally lol'ing

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    :laugh: Me too.

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    remember @mmand83 ? or @christianlee100 ?

vaguely remember the second one...he wasn't real?

I know his name in RL... he's so *kitten* scary.

I think I know it too. Yeah...he may have been only part catfish. He'll be back one day....he always comes back.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    Well really... if the women keep biting, men will keep fishing.

It IS the internet. There is probably stuff that goes on here or any site that we really don't even think about.
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    whats a catfish?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    An absolutely disgusting bottom dwelling specimen.....

That tastes great lightly fried with a little lemon juice
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Anyone dumb enough to fall for one deserves whatever they get.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    AdaruB wrote: »
    An absolutely disgusting bottom dwelling specimen.....

That tastes great lightly fried with a little lemon juice

They need like buttons for the threads.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Exactly, they've got the Flag button, just add in a Flag as Awesome button.
  • BWFit16
    BWFit16 Posts: 22 Member
    Male Catfish are featured on Dateline NBC, not mtv
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    v4btnskcgzt7.jpeg
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    I can honestly say I really don't know who I am. So I don't know who I am supposed to be..... I do know that I am not Will or Charlie and if you honestly believe that..... Your a moron
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    If people want to catfish someone, or find randos on message boards to bone, more power to them.. but doing it by way of MFP just seems unnecessarily tedious. Why not just use Tinder or Bumble or one of the other 394398 dating or boning apps?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Everyone needs attention. It's great stuff. Attention can be addictive. Some people "need" more than others.
  • ald783
    ald783 wrote: »
    If people want to catfish someone, or find randos on message boards to bone, more power to them.. but doing it by way of MFP just seems unnecessarily tedious. Why not just use Tinder or Bumble or one of the other 394398 dating or boning apps?

that's the beauty of it. this way you can always just put "only here for fitness" on your about me and nobody will ever suspect otherwise. ever.

So is that more common with the married-but-looking-for-attention set? What happened to the days of just having an adulterous affair with a coworker? MFP may be discreet but what's the reward in having slutty conversations with someone that lives 9 states away? Seems like so much work with so little payoff.

I've never been married so maybe I'm missing something.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member

that's the beauty of it. this way you can always just put "only here for fitness" on your about me and nobody will ever suspect otherwise. ever.

So is that more common with the married-but-looking-for-attention set? What happened to the days of just having an adulterous affair with a coworker? MFP may be discreet but what's the reward in having slutty conversations with someone that lives 9 states away? Seems like so much work with so little payoff.

I've never been married so maybe I'm missing something.

i think that ones pretty common with a lot of folks on here. not passing judgement its just really funny most times. they'd feel so much better if they'd just be honest with themselves.

having had an adulterous affair with a coworker, i'd also agree that its a better decision than wasting time on here. i guess its either they only want attention or they can actually catfish on here vs in real life with no mask or filter. plus on the internet nobody knows when you're actually a horse.

I think people in general have a hard time being honest with themselves. If they cant be honest with themselves, of course they lie to others.

People should really stop this entire marriage institution... Its a joke. 50% of marriages fail and 80% of divorces are initiated by women who just take the kids and all the guys money. Joke
  • JohnZain
    JohnZain Posts: 23 Member
    Does my profile picture fit the catfish criteria??
  • ald783
    So the catfish question makes me curious... are people actually meeting up off of this site? Like is someone driving several states over to meet someone they've only erotic-MFP messaged with? I'd kill to hear a really solid MFP catfish story.
  • GitERDone13
    GitERDone13 Posts: 15 Member
    I've done the erotic MFP message, but have yet to meet up.