Alcohol (low calorie drink ideas)

Options

Replies

• SenseAtional
    SenseAtional Posts: 134
    Options
    Here's a chart of all the calorie counts for wine and various beers: http://www.mywalletisfatnotme.com/2011/04/imbibe-to-keep-your-workouts-alive.html

I like to have flavored vodka with soda water, which is only 60 calories. I also throw in some frozen berries to keep the drink cold, and can eat the berries when I finish my drink - you get antioxidant benefits and a good buzz!
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My NEW drink is Vodka, Club Soda and MIO. I bring along the MIO when going out and just squeeze a little into a Vodka and Club.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Malibu and sprite zero sounds AWESOME! I gotta try that!
    me too!!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't drink all that often, but when I do, I like to make my own mojitos without sugar, or with a controlled amount of sugar. When I'm out and want to save calories, I'll drink vodka and club soda with lime or lemon. I can't have artificial sweeteners for medical reasons, so unfortunately diet drinks aren't an option for me. Club soda is a real lifesaver when it comes to saving calories. Or I'll just do tequila shots. :embarassed: 65 calories an ounce = high drunkenness to calories ratio. :laugh:

If I want beer, or something tasty and sweet, then I'll factor in the calories for the day and usually drink it for the first couple drinks, then switch to the drinks I mentioned above. Everything tastes the same after that point to me anyway. *low tolerance*
  • slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    Options
    hey i like a drink a vodka and i always use to have the vanilla vodka with pepsi max but now i have smirnoff vodka with a low cal tonic and a slice of lemon and lime it works out around 74 cals :)
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet cream soda
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys...I knew I wasn't the only drinker! LOL I will try them all!

Don't try them all in one night!

LOL
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Malibu and sprite zero sounds AWESOME! I gotta try that!
    me 2 ! :)
  • firestarbeauty
    Options
    I pretty much only drink Vodka/Water with a lemon or lime. If I'm drinking beer, I usually try and go for Mic Ultra.

thats what I do as well except no beer....
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • summergirlkav23
    Options
    My girlfriends and I will ONLY drink voli vodka- it has fewer cals than other vodkas (and electrolytes for less of a hangover :) ). My drink of choice is as simple as cranberry juice and lyte voli. delicious and fewer calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I make my own "skinny" margarita. The key is to use premium tequila. The mediocre stuff will not cut it. I weigh out my drink on my digital scale, hence the 1/4 oz. amounts. I enjoy the taste of Patron so you may want to go heavier on the triple sec and lime if it is too strong of a tequila taste for you.

2 ounces Patron Silver
    1/4 ounce triple sec
    1 teaspoon lime juice

Stir it up and pour it over lots of ice. 164 calories, 3 carbs, and zeros in all of the other columns (sodium, protein, etc).
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For low cal - I use flavored vodka and a lemon or lime with ice.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cascade Ice makes drink mixers that are only 2 calories. The appletini one with whip cream vodka is my favorite right now, and its only 62cals!

I was looking to try this only to find out Cascade Ice isn't available in Florida ... sigh
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I can give up candy, but NOT my cocktail!! Try Firefly Skinny Tea Vodka with Chrystal light lemonade. The Vodka tastes like sweet tea (a must in the South) and is 72 calories/1.5 ounces. Over Ice it is a very refreshing drink in the summer!! Thanks for the post....I got some great ideas to try too.:happy:
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    VnC premade cocktails.. SOOO yummy! my favorite is pacific breeze. its a nice cocunut pineapply flavor. i think only 150 calories.. 13 bucks for a premade one. its all natural mixes too so shake it up real good before you drink it theres alot of fruit pulp at the bottom. theirs a margarita flavored one which is not good at all to me. theres other flavors google them!
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    VODKA WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT PINK LEMONADE, YUMMO!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have two....

Cherry Vodka and Diet Coke ---tastes like cherry coke

or

Malibu Coconut Rum + Sprite Zero + Diet Cranberry Juice = SUPER DELICIOUS
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    If I'm feeling beer, MGD 64 isn't too bad, but my vote to get the biggest effect for the lowest calorie buck goes to vodka+diet soda.

I can get pretty buzzed off of ~600 calories which is easy to fit into my budget.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I can't remember where I got this from but I saved it :wink:

Top 5 worst drinks:
    1. Margarita in a pint glass (2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. margarita/sour mix, 1 oz. triple sec, lime juice, 1 tsp. sugar) - 550 calories (11)
    2. Mudslide (1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. Irish cream, 1.5 oz. vodka) - 417 calories (8.5)
    3. Long Island Ice Tea (1 oz. vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec, 2 oz. sour mix, splash of cola) - 380 calories (8)
    4. White Russian (1.5 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. cream) - 320 calories (6.5)
    5. Piña Colada (1.5 oz. rum, 1.5 oz. coconut cream, 3 oz. pineapple juice) - 293 calories (6)

Top 5 best drinks:
    1. Rum and Diet Coke (1 oz. rum) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Use diet sodas as mixers, such as gin and diet tonic, diet 7Up and Seagrams 7, diet ginger ale and Jack Daniels, and so on.
    2. Vodka and Diet Soda (1 oz. vodka) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Try this with flavored vodka, such as raspberry, vanilla, or mandarin.
    3. White Wine Spritzer (4 oz. white wine topped with club soda) - 80 calories (2)
    4. Bloody Mary (1 oz. vodka, 4 oz. tomato juice, dash of Tabasco and pepper) - 90 calories (2)
    5. Light Beer - 100 calories (2)

Yum! that flavored vodka and soda sounds yummy and perfect for a hot summer night!