Low Carb Foods?

Options
Anyone know so low carb snacks/meals I could try out? I'm looking to lower my daily carb intake, and take in more protein! Help a girl out! Lol. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know this as well! I eat a lot fo veg but a lot of them seem to be a lot more carb laden than I'd realised before joiing this site!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    google ...

kalyn's kitchen
    nomnompaleo
    the clothes make the girl

Lots of delicious, low carb recipes on these blogs.
  • sheryl24
    sheryl24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello

You can try below:

Celery stick with Sour cream
    Strawberry or Blueberry
    Tuc biscuits ( only 3gm carb per biscuit(apprx))
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just found this site...lots on MFP seem to know about it...new to me..lol But it's called www.skinnytaste.com LOTS of recipes with dietary info after each one...so you can use or modify...all are healthier and calorie conscious. I am so happy I found it! :o)

Katy
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    i'm experimenting with some baking at moment, and trying to keep them as low-carb as possible (not just for myself, but my 10 year old niece has been put on a low-carb diet, as she cannot metabolise carbs).

so i'm another one looking for low-carb snacks
    xxx
  • JessieGurl
    JessieGurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. I use to snack on a hard boiled egg but after having eggs for breakfast and snack everyday I am getting sick of eggs. :-\
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If you like eggs, make some deviled eggs or boiled eggs for something portable and handy. You can make a lot in advance.

Cook extra meat (I find chicken to be easiest) at a time so that you have healthy meat to grab and wrap up. Nothing will stop me faster than having to cook it before you snack on it.

Start thinking meat and instead of sandwiches and chips, just wrap in some large leaf lettuce with a yummy sauce/dressing or break it up on top of salad. I always have to re train my "idea" of a snack.

What is really cool about eating higher protein percentages, protein is lower in calories so you feel like you are eating a lot more than if you are pairing your protein with high carb items.

Oh and they also make these lower carb tortillas that makes your choices more varied. Then you can easily put chicken and cheese in that tortilla, fold in half and place in a foreman grill and instant quesadilla. YUM
  • Kaelinnn_102
    Kaelinnn_102 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome! Thanks you all. I hope this helps, seeing as how I'm a huge carb freak and didn't even know it! I love making tortillas. Only problem is, I'm trying to tackle my issue with veggies, so I'm sure this will be a challenge! lol.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh and try broiling your veggies. I am SERIOUS. It makes them taste soooo much better than steaming or boiling or even sauteeing.
  • Kaelinnn_102
    Kaelinnn_102 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh and try broiling your veggies. I am SERIOUS. It makes them taste soooo much better than steaming or boiling or even sauteeing.

Haha, I will honestly try ANYTHING to make veggies taste better! I would love to be able to snack on some carrots or something like that, but I have a taste for fruits more than anything!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt (you can add garlic/onion/spinach and make it a veggie dip), peanut butter, tuna fish, chicken, low fat beef, protein shakes, "powercrunch" protein bars, and cheese! i practically live on string cheese!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese, yogurt, spoon peanut butter, x
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    These were all suggested by my dietician when I had gestational diabetes:

Snacks (pick one. Never more at one time)
    Whole Wheat Tortilla scoops with a small bit of salsa and fat free cheddar cheese. Heat in microwave until cheese melts. I LOVE this snack when I'm craving something crunchy and salty because I can have 12 scoops. Very filling!

5 Nabisco Vanilla Wafters (NOT the fat free! Less carbs in the regular) with a tsp of peanut butter on each (total of 1 tsp on all) and a 1/2 cup of strawberries. These are surprisingly delicious together and fulfill the sweets craving.

Fiber One 90 Calorie Bar with a tsp of peanut butter on top.

Carb Masters Yogart from Kroger

Baby carrots with 1 Tbs ranch

Meals:
    Diabetic pizza. Sooooooo good!
    Spinach and Sausage Pizza: 3 oz (1 link) smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced 2 ready-made whole wheat pizza crusts (5 oz each) 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese 1 clove garlic crushed 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese 2 cups baby spinache leaves, coarsely chopped 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese 1. Coat nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add turkey slices and cook until browned. Set aside. 2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza crusts on baking sheet. 3. Combine ricotta cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Spread in thin layer over pizza crusts within 1/2-inch of edge. Layer sausage evenly over cheese mixture. 4. Sprinkle spinach over sausage. Arrange tomatoes on top and lyaer with mozzarella cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown and edges are crisp. Slice each pizza into 6 slices. Makes 6 servings (2 slices per serving) Calories: 210, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Protein: 12g, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sodium 525 mg Enjoy! This came from my "Diabetic Cooking: Meals in Minutes" book, September/October 2009 edition. I found this at the checkout in my local grocery store. AWESOME recipes in it!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Try this site, it has tons of recipes.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
  • lik2bowl
    lik2bowl Posts: 5
    Options
    pork skins and dip (ranch, hot sauce, ect)

jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon and cooked at 350 or 400 till bacon is done (yummo!)

or make some crystal light pop cycles!

you could check a website Linda's low carb it has some really awesome stuff!!!
  • jkey2004
    jkey2004 Posts: 21
    Options
    Im also looking for some ideas..these are great so far!