Are There Male Catfish?

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I really don't know who I am. So I don't know who I am supposed to be..... I do know that I am not Will or Charlie and if you honestly believe that..... Your a moron
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If people want to catfish someone, or find randos on message boards to bone, more power to them.. but doing it by way of MFP just seems unnecessarily tedious. Why not just use Tinder or Bumble or one of the other 394398 dating or boning apps?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs attention. It's great stuff. Attention can be addictive. Some people "need" more than others.
  • ald783
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    ald783 wrote: »
    If people want to catfish someone, or find randos on message boards to bone, more power to them.. but doing it by way of MFP just seems unnecessarily tedious. Why not just use Tinder or Bumble or one of the other 394398 dating or boning apps?

that's the beauty of it. this way you can always just put "only here for fitness" on your about me and nobody will ever suspect otherwise. ever.

So is that more common with the married-but-looking-for-attention set? What happened to the days of just having an adulterous affair with a coworker? MFP may be discreet but what's the reward in having slutty conversations with someone that lives 9 states away? Seems like so much work with so little payoff.

I've never been married so maybe I'm missing something.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options

that's the beauty of it. this way you can always just put "only here for fitness" on your about me and nobody will ever suspect otherwise. ever.

So is that more common with the married-but-looking-for-attention set? What happened to the days of just having an adulterous affair with a coworker? MFP may be discreet but what's the reward in having slutty conversations with someone that lives 9 states away? Seems like so much work with so little payoff.

I've never been married so maybe I'm missing something.

i think that ones pretty common with a lot of folks on here. not passing judgement its just really funny most times. they'd feel so much better if they'd just be honest with themselves.

having had an adulterous affair with a coworker, i'd also agree that its a better decision than wasting time on here. i guess its either they only want attention or they can actually catfish on here vs in real life with no mask or filter. plus on the internet nobody knows when you're actually a horse.

I think people in general have a hard time being honest with themselves. If they cant be honest with themselves, of course they lie to others.

People should really stop this entire marriage institution... Its a joke. 50% of marriages fail and 80% of divorces are initiated by women who just take the kids and all the guys money. Joke
  • JohnZain
    JohnZain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Does my profile picture fit the catfish criteria??
  • ald783
    Options
    So the catfish question makes me curious... are people actually meeting up off of this site? Like is someone driving several states over to meet someone they've only erotic-MFP messaged with? I'd kill to hear a really solid MFP catfish story.
  • GitERDone13
    GitERDone13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've done the erotic MFP message, but have yet to meet up.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options

So the catfish question makes me curious... are people actually meeting up off of this site? Like is someone driving several states over to meet someone they've only erotic-MFP messaged with? I'd kill to hear a really solid MFP catfish story.

Tell you what, how about you take a trip down to meet me and ill fill you in on all the catfishing on MFP. Deal?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options

Well, A TRUE catfish could not do this,
    because: too many lies about self/identity. Their status would be blown: they are, in fact, a horse.
  • JohnZain
    JohnZain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was once invited to a local wikipedia editors meet up..... no thanks..
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    8vsr2w5t91Nte.gif
  • ald783
    Options

because: too many lies about self/identity. Their status would be blown: they are, in fact, a horse.

Right but isn't that how catfish get found out? They finally agree to meet and it's like JK I'm a 55 year old man not the 19 year old sexy virgin in the pics I lifted from someone's 2006 Myspace account? Or do they only ever actually meet on the Catfish TV show? I want to live in a world where this stuff actually happens.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options

Right but isn't that how catfish get found out? They finally agree to meet and it's like JK I'm a 55 year old man not the 19 year old sexy virgin in the pics I lifted from someone's 2006 Myspace account? Or do they only ever actually meet on the Catfish TV show? I want to live in a world where this stuff actually happens.

So its pretty much verified now..... This person is crazy
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options

I like you. Someone order up a catfish for this lovely lady!!

• ald783
    Options

guy on my FL back in the day...if i recall he was in England or something and he had some health issues too maybe? but i remember him talking about starting to "date" a girl on his FL and it went on for like a month or so, then he paid for her to come visit him and spent a lot of money on her and she left and then ghosted on him. if I'm remembering right he basically just deleted his account afterwards.

That actually makes me sad. Sure, he's not too smart to put himself in that situation and shovel out money on a rando from a weight loss forum, but it's really douchey for her (if she is in fact a her) to fake date him, let him spend money then ghost.

Everything about catfishing is incredibly intriguing to me. Maybe because I was an incredibly awkward middle schooler who was way too active in AOL chat rooms.. if I had the means to meet a stranger I probably would have been catfished and/or murdered.