HCG Diet

Options
I've been on the HCG diet for a week and have lost 7 lbs but don't see it as a sustaining way to keep weight off. Is there any other people out there that have done the HCG diet, lost weight, and were able to keep it off?

Replies

• plm1953
    plm1953 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was on it for two weeks lost 10 lbs, but then I got an allergic reaction to the HCG and my Dr. had me get off it, but now I gained 20 pounds. Ugh
    I also have two bottles brand new it has not been opened if anyone wants to buy from me. plm
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What is the HCG diet!! I've honestly never heard of it.
  • jellison82
    Options
    I did the HCG diet and lost 14 pounds in two weeks and then stopped losing weight on it. I followed the 500 calorie a day diet and was hunger all the time and was just not happy. I stopped and gained 7 pounds back. The best way i have found to lose weight and keep it off is to excerise and watch what I eat. I am losing an average of 3 pounds a week and I work out 7 days a week and eat about 1200 calories a day. I am happy wth my progess and the goodness on top of that is Im not throwing money away of a diet pill, so im can save that money for a rainy day. Best of luck to you!
  • armywifeinpink
    Options
    I have know people to come off and put on maybe a pound or two, but you just have to completely change your lifestyle of eating, and stay to eating the things that are good for you in good portions....i to this day eat about 1200-1400 and i maintain my weight pretty well, so i am hoping that after my first round of HCG shots that I can keep my maintaining going well...good luck to you!!!!!
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    I think this is a very dangerous diet....of course you going to loose weight only eating 500 calories a day..anyone would why spend the money on it when all u are doing is starving yourself you can do that without hcg...any ways there is no way to keep weight off with a starvation diet such as this once you start eating right all the weight will come back
  • ColoradoCowgirl
    Options
    Hey there! LOVE the horse pic!
    I did HCG and lost over 50lbs in about 6 months. It does work but its a very strict way to live life. I kept off most of the weight for about 9 months by eating very low carb and staying active. I then had to have knee surgery and gained back a bunch of weight and haven't been able to stick to the HCG again, and I have tried many times! LOL, One thing I noticed about the HCG was that I was losing weight but I was also losing muscle and I really didn't like that. I want to be strong and healthy not just thin. So i have now started to eat low carb and train for a half marathon and I hope that will help me lget the rest of this wieght I have gained off! Good luck with the HCG and just remember the only way to sustain the loss is to burn the calories you put into you're body each day! Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lots of little things I found to help me on that diet.
  • amberlhoward
    Options
    As long as you follow the three week maintenance after you stop the hcg your body should be able to keep the weight off. It is imperative to follow it completely. Otherwise your body will not change back to a more normal mode of metabolizing your calorie intake, and you will gain back a the weight you lose.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    One of the many bad things about the diet is you are not allowed to exercise so you are dropping fat and muscle. Once you stop taking the drops your body is all out of wak and because of your muscle loss you will have a slow metabolism. Which means eating eating 1400 or even 1200 may be too high to maintain your weight. If you want to boost your weight loss exercise and do some strength training plus diet. :)
  • pcronberg
    pcronberg Posts: 224
    Options
    First of all, do you have the protocol? It is extremely important to have it, and to follow it exactly. Also, are you doing the drops or the injections? Getting enough water? You should be drinking LOTS of water, as this is crucial to the diet. I am currently on my 3rd round of HCG, and while my second round was a complete disaster because I thought I would cheat (more than once) and still be able to lose the weight. My initial round, I lost 22lbs and kept all but 5lbs of it off, and I did not follow protocol for the 3 weeks after. Also, I started my 2nd round 2 weeks earlier than I was supposed to. Here is a thread, where LOTS of us who are on HCG come together for advice, information and support. You are more than welcome to come and join us!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261077-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
    I've been on the HCG diet for a week and have lost 7 lbs but don't see it as a sustaining way to keep weight off. Is there any other people out there that have done the HCG diet, lost weight, and were able to keep it off?
  • wallaceloria
    Options
    Thanks so much for your answer. After a week of being hungry all the time I am getting frustrated. Also, would love to have a 1/2 glass of Merlot at night like I ususally do. :-)

The horse in the picture is my Harley. He smiles on command. Lori
  • wallaceloria
    Options
    I do have the protocol and am following it strictly. I also read Dr. Simeon's information.

I am taking the drops. My sister who is an RN started the diet in January and has lost 56 pounds. I've lost 7 in the first week and have about 20 to go. I have been very strict on the diet so I don't know why I've been stuck the last two days.

thanks for the link!! Lori
  • db1272
    db1272 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am glad that I have found this thread. I just ordered my hcg drops after one of my friends' has lost 21 lbs in the past month and her sister 15 lbs. I have tried Weight Watchers, counting calories and now I am doing the Eat Clean diet. I think years of yo-yoing have caused my metabolism to come to a stand still. I have literally been stuck at the same weight, give or take 1-2 lbs for months. I am hoping that the hcg is what I need to jump start the weight loss and reset my metabolism. I'm looking to lose 20 lbs overall and am very excited to begin. Good luck to you as well! :)
  • armywifeinpink
    Options
    How many calories were you taking in a day before you started the diet? When I first started jsut dieting, going down to 1200-1400 calroies a day I was MISERABLE.....I did not take going down to that far, a normal diet, well at all....maybe if this round does not go all that well, start going and only eating 1200-1400 calories a day, so that way you arent totally hungry...i dunno, just thinking off the top of my head and thinking about what I went through just going down to the 1200-1400 calories a day....

I will start round 1 soon, but i am very confident that i can stick to the calories now that i am used to eating a lower intake already :)...GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    I do have the protocol and am following it strictly. I also read Dr. Simeon's information.

I am taking the drops. My sister who is an RN started the diet in January and has lost 56 pounds. I've lost 7 in the first week and have about 20 to go. I have been very strict on the diet so I don't know why I've been stuck the last two days.

• ColoradoCowgirl
    Options

Lori
    It is normal to get stuck for a day or two on the diet, this is usually when you're body is readjusting to the changes in metabolism and diet. Most of the time you are losing inches even if the scale does not show you are losing pounds. You really have to watch your sodium intake too because it can really mess with your water weight when you are not eating as many calories. The first two weeks were always the hardest for me, but it does get easier once you get into a routine!

Also remember to gorge the first two days before starting the diet, it is a VERY important part. And often hard to do when you really want to just see those numbers falling on the scale. I believe they are important for both physical and mental reasons. I tried to not do my gorge days on 2 different rounds and they were miserable and I eventually had to restart them both!