Over weight

Options
Hello my name is Tara. I am new to this app and I started using it as I am going 500 calories over my daily allowance per day. I have the problem where I see or even think about food I have to finish it or I have to get it otherwise I cannot think straight. I look forward to eating at certain points of the day, but this happens way too often. As I am still in education I cannot eat during lectures or class, so I literally do a tally chart of the time I have left until my next break and rub out the minutes as they pass. When I these breaks are finally here, I buy so much food when I am not even necessarily that hungry but still eat it all. It makes me feel worse that all my friends are skinnier than me, including the boys too! Just the other day my friend Tim said "imagine if we lived in a parallel universe, where I (indicating himself) was fat and you were skinny (gesturing to me)!!!" Everyone who was in the surrounding area found it funny, but I didnt know if they were giggling because he was joking or if they were laughing at me. I have tried to control my food intake but i find it so hard to do so. Please, if anyone has gone through similar issues, contact me on how you overcame these issues. Thank you ever so much :D

Replies

• bighamnegg2015
    bighamnegg2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You need to try to find something to occupy your free time and your mind so that you are not focus sing on food all the time . And if you are hoping to lose weight you are going to have to seriously reduce that calorie intake . Swapping processed food and fast food for fresh fruit and veg is a great start . I wish you well on your journey
  • lilkirs
    lilkirs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! So your not on your own lol. Have you tried increasing your fluid intake? Most the time we think we're hungry but in actual fact it's drinks that we need!