They were talking abou me!

Options
jpeterburs88
jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
Wonderful NSV! I went out to the bars with a friend of mine that lived in Ohio for a few drinks. We met up with a bunch of my friends that I haven't seen in a few months and they were all amazed at how different I look! One actually asked "did you get funnier since you have lost weight??" -- my response? i just feel more comfortable now in a big group of people! Instead of standing in the shadows and trying not to be noticed I have broken out of my little shell and became the life of the party- it was invigorating!!
Then (and this is the NSV I mentioned) we were leaving the bar and i noticed a boy I had a HUGE crush on in highschool, I was still way to shy to walk up and say hi, but as I passed I heard him say to a friend "is that Jenna??- dude, she looks good!"
Needless to say, I was on a confidence high the rest of the night and could barely sleep. I can't wait till I get to my goal weight!

Side note: I have never judged myself on how other people see me and I am losing weight and being healthier for ME- no one else- but sometimes a little compliment can go a long way. :)

Good Luck on everyone's goals! We can do it!!

Replies

• deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant news. Compliments will boost your confidence and will give you motivation to carry on with what you are doing.

Well done you! Keep it up!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm SooOoOoOooo happy for you! You're living my own dream! Congrats on all your hard work paying off! :))))
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That is great! I also try my best for myself, but compliments are nice:D
  • moPOETRYtion
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Feels good I know.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thats a fantastic feeling!
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Are you kidding! That is awesome! Not that you lost weight just to hear compliments, but they are a huge perk for all the work you have done. You should have talked to him because I bet he would have been really complimentary to your face. Congrats! That is a HUGE NSV!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It is true that words bring life or death, a wonderful compliment has us on cloud nine, but a bad word is a drag on the soul, no matter what people say ;-) so proud of you, :-)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    lovely! of course you're doing this for you, and you are reaping the benefits! well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!
  • leaw24
    leaw24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A guy you had a crush on in high school saying something like that is surely the ultimate right? Yes I know we are doing it for ourselves, but that's like something from a movie. :) I would lovvve that to happen to me (hopefully one day it will) - congrats on all your progress.
  • UNCTarHeelGirl
    Options
    Congrats, girl! Good for you! Compliments are always a great motivation...especially when they're from a cute guy. :love:
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    I picked up a quote from one of my MFP friends: "Nothing tastes, as good as skinny feels."
    You just proved !!! Congrats !!!
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Aw thats so cool! Cant wait til I get to that point where people are amazed by how much Ive lost! Im so excited you you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!