Chocolate.....

Options
logan993
logan993 Posts: 4 Member
How do you beat the cravings/do you have low calorie ways to enjoy beloved chocolate.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I usually just have some chocolate. Fudge pops, sugar free jello cups, chocolate flavored Greek yogurt, hot cocoa, chocolate chips, Hershey's cocoa powder, chocolate protein bars, etc.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Popsicle makes a fantastic sugar-free fudgcicle for 40 calories. If I don't have a lot of calories left at the end of the day, I'll eat one of those. I'm out at the moment, so I wish I hadn't read this because now I want one. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I put Walden Farms "zero" calorie chocolate syrup on everything. It's often poo poo-ed here but I like it. I keep in mind that it does have some calories.

When I started losing weight I actually bought and ate chocolate more than I did while I was getting fat. It's easier to fit in my day than the salty/greasy/cheesy stuff I love. Dark chocolate? Yep. I can fit a half bar or whole bar if it is very dark quite easily.

You can also weigh out "x" amount of grams of chocolate chips and add them to yogurt, oats, etc. I think of chocolate and cookies as add-ins. Am I satisfied with one oreo or 14 chocolate chips on their own? No. But when they're mixed with things they go a long way.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    5 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder is only 20 calories.
    When i really want chocolate or feel like i have to have it, i put it in the morning in my oatmeal

almond milk
    cinnamon
    cocoa powder
    oat
    quinoa
    some fruits or nuts

And walla a chocolaty dish

Or i make pancakes and put 5 gram of chocolate in the mixture

Or and this is lately my favorite
    One Flatout flat bread
    Roll a banana in it some sweetener and cinnamon or and all spice etc.
    Bake it up so you have a tortilla with a banana in it

Now take some sweetener some almond milk and cocoa powder and make a mixture ( pasta) of it. spread over your fruit tortilla
    And on top of that a scoop of ice cream yum yum yum.

95069916.png
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    If you like chocolate, don't fight it. I really enjoy when I've exercised more and have calories in hand to have some chocolate and peanut butter to help me eat enough calories for the day. :)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Work it into your calories for the day.
    I have 1 Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt Promise as my treat at the end of the day for staying in my calorie allotment. 38 calories. Been doing this for over 3 years now, 2 years on maintenance. Works for me and is a sustainable system for me.
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I eat Oreos or ice cream almost ever night before bed as long as I still have calories left. No reason to go without if you can fit it in without going overboard.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I usually have chocolate. Dark chocolate seems to give me more of the chocolate flavor I'm craving. I keep Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate squares in the freezer.

But Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is yummy too.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    For me it is not worth to buy chocolate. I dont eat it much or want it to much.

So i make my own recipes like above. When i really would want a bar. Like months ago at the airport i saw some specialties i wanted to try, yes i buy it and eat it and calculate it for that day.
    Otherwise i wont buy it at all.
    So for people who can not stay away from chocolate the recipes i gave is maybe an option. That's why i posted them ;)

Otherwise indeed log it and dont deny yourself some chocolate or any other food ( groups) if you dont have a medical reason for it.

95069916.png

• ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I save calories to eat chocolate. I buy a big bar,count out my 6 cubes and give the rest to the kids so I can't eat any extra :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I make my own hot cocoa with cocoa, stevia, hot water and powdered milk.

I buy Brookside chocolates and eat five. Just five. With a glass of sparkling water. I take my time eating it.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I make my own hot cocoa with cocoa, stevia, hot water and powdered milk.

I buy Brookside chocolates and eat five. Just five. With a glass of sparkling water. I take my time eating it.

Indeed this kind of things i do too lol
    And because i dont eat it much my husband takes the rest what is left, and he rather not ;) hehehe

So yeah i make something chocolatery if i want too lol

• conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There's Russel Stover sugar free chocolate. Its pretty tasty and lower in calories :) check it out!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    logan993 wrote: »
    How do you beat the cravings/do you have low calorie ways to enjoy beloved chocolate.

Halo top chocolate ice cream - 240 cals per pint. Love it. I've also tried "arctic zero" chocolate ice cream.. steer clear.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I cut it out for the majority of a year to get a firm hold on my cravings, then slowly brought it back. First, I bought better quality chocolate. The cheap crap just leaves me wanting more. Second, I bought very, very dark chocolate. Because if I want the chocolate, I don't need a gob of sugar. If I want sugar, there are other issues (for me), but there are definitely better foods. 10g of 85% dark chocolate fixes my cravings for 61 cals and 2 carbs. Win-win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have some chocolate. Usually if I start trying to find something else to get rid of the craving, it just doesn't work, and I just end up eating the thing plus whatever I was craving in the first place... not worth it.

Besides, it's easier to fit in 60 calories of chocolate than whatever chocolaty substitute I could think of, so I just don't see the point.

You could try chocolate protein powder though, you never know, it might do it for you.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. And Fiber-One Brownies for 90 cals. Nuke it in the microwave for ~10-15 seconds and add a couple spoonfulls of ice cream and it satisfies the cravings for me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I usually have three Hershey's fun size bars at night. 190 calories. I eat them slowly and savor them. I plan the calories into my day. (I've tried dark chocolate many times and can't grown to like it.)
  • logan993
    logan993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!!
  • OliverMol
    OliverMol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yum
    5 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder is only 20 calories.
    When i really want chocolate or feel like i have to have it, i put it in the morning in my oatmeal

almond milk
    cinnamon
    cocoa powder
    oat
    quinoa
    some fruits or nuts

And walla a chocolaty dish

Or i make pancakes and put 5 gram of chocolate in the mixture

Or and this is lately my favorite
    One Flatout flat bread
    Roll a banana in it some sweetener and cinnamon or and all spice etc.
    Bake it up so you have a tortilla with a banana in it

Now take some sweetener some almond milk and cocoa powder and make a mixture ( pasta) of it. spread over your fruit tortilla
    And on top of that a scoop of ice cream yum yum yum.

95069916.png