College student looking for weightloss buddy

Options
I've lost 30 pounds and have used this app for about 6 months. I'm a college student and don't have any friends with similar goals! I've heard there is a great social component to this app but I've never explored it. Meeting friends with similar goals would be great! I just need to figure out how to utilize the community function

Replies

• syededm
    syededm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the loss! im also a college student and dont really have friends who have similiar goals, so im on the same boat as you. feel free to add, i can always use some motivating mfp! =)
  • birddunn3453
    birddunn3453 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here! College student who has no will power when it comes to being healthy and fit!! Add also! No such thing as too much motivation.
  • BWFit16
    BWFit16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the progress! Current college grad student in the health and fitness field looking to help people out!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student! You can go ahead and add me if you'd like; just attach a message to your request. :)
    The community here is very encouraging, and I really like the focus on progress over destination, and on health and fitness here. You'll learn a lot just by lurking on discussion threads.
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi, college student here as well. I haven't been on mfp in a loooooong time I figured I could make a come back everyone and anyone add me lets get motivated lol.
  • hopeandskittles
    hopeandskittles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same to above! 10 lbs down but am really trying to change my lifestyle and eating habits!! Hard when friends are always binge-ing on ice cream and pizza though. Do yall have any tricks to avoid joining in!?
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Same here I've only lost 8lbs so far but so excited to change that!
  • paadr1
    paadr1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm a college/uni student too, been an avid user with MFP over the last few months and intend to keep it going for a much longer time! Feel free to add me for motivation!! :)
  • huskylove94
    huskylove94 Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm a college student! I have lost about 30 lbs, but it was during high school. I've gained some since then and just wanna lose those last few lbs while staying and healthy!
  • bgaunya
    bgaunya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 18 years old, still in high school. I love fitness and have managed to build a great amount of muscle over the years but I am now looking to shred the fat. My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds and to cut out binge eating because it's a damn filthy habit I have. Anyways, I'd love to be fit friends!!
  • maddaanija
    maddaanija Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too... new to the area .. attending grad school.. in my last 25 lbs .. I'm from Virginia. . Anyone around?