A DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP!

The title of my post looks like I have an emergency, and in a way I do! I need some serious help and motivation. If anyone is willing or bored enough I could use a constant reminder and coach to help me with my lifelong journey of weight loss... last year I lost 50 lbs and I can see myself slowly climbing back up on the scale. PLEASE help me. I need it so desperately. I can't go back. Food is my worst enemy, it's like I can't resist it... and motivating myself for the gym is a constant chore and negotiation in my mind.

Replies

• LexieL39
    LexieL39 Posts: 21 Member
    Hang in there
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I suggest a therapist.
  • TalaNrys
    TalaNrys Posts: 28 Member
    Feel free to add me, Caitlin, I totally understand how you feel and having someone to talk to about it makes all the difference!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Its okay, I'm sure most of us have felt like that at one point. We aren't born knowing what to do to lose weight. It takes trial and error.
    When I was feeling frustrated, I took baby steps.
    Start by just getting yourself a food scale and learning how to weigh all your foods and log them here accurately.
    Mfp has all the tools needed for lasting success but its up to you to use them
    Weigh your foods and log them. After you've gotten the hang of that then learn about your Marcos and try to hit them each day. Learn about your weight fluctuations and log them ( it makes it easier in the long run when someone understands that we won't always see a loss each week and why )
    After all that , find an activity that you enjoy and get out there and do it! Even if its just walking each day.
    In time you will have built yourself a good foundation to work off of . you will have learned about what works ( moderation and portion control ) and what doesn't ( fads and gimmicks, special diets that restrict foods and leave people feeling deprived ) and then you'll be set !
    Motivation will come and go. Make this a lifeytyle change ( these things take time ) so even when your lacking motivation, you will already have set yourself up on the path to success!
    I could tell you everyday " get up and let's do this!" But all of that won't work unless you truly want this. When someone really wants something, they will work for it.
    So put in the work needed and make this a lifestyle change (then you won't ever have to worry about gaining and losing the weight all over again . ) you can do this !
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    Food isn't your enemy, you just need to find a way to fit it in better. And you don't need a gym, you can workout at home and still get results. Don't give up you can do this!
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Caitlin866 wrote: »
    The title of my post looks like I have an emergency, and in a way I do! I need some serious help and motivation. If anyone is willing or bored enough I could use a constant reminder and coach to help me with my lifelong journey of weight loss... last year I lost 50 lbs and I can see myself slowly climbing back up on the scale. PLEASE help me. I need it so desperately. I can't go back. Food is my worst enemy, it's like I can't resist it... and motivating myself for the gym is a constant chore and negotiation in my mind.

We're here for you feel free to add me and we can motivate each other and hold each other accountable in this journey
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    hang in there! just sent you a friend request!
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    I had lost 60 and gained back 20. I stopped my back slide when I saw a posting in my gym for an exercise class. The details of the class aren't as important as a new decision - a group to add accountability - a regular schedule prevented putting off - an enhanced realization that everything counts. It cost extra, so I felt some additional incentive. It was only a month - but I'm still working on my own, tracking food and exercise and losing fat and inches. Don't give up - desire will keep you open and alert for a trigger that gets you back to tracking food and exercise. :)