Fitbit Charge HR - reviews?

Options
Does anyone have a Fitbit Charge HR and how do they find it? I had a Fitbit One and loved it, but wondering about getting something a bit more. What do people think?

Replies

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I want one. It's on my christmas list. I checked the reviews online, and they seem pretty good. It's getting better reviews than the Jawbone up3. I know someone who has one and she loves it. She convinced me to go with that one instead of the jawbone. I'm curious to see here what other people have to say...
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it, but if you have already had a fitbit you may like it more. It was really inaccurate even after calibration. Returned and resent a new one and still sucked and didn't track steps or mileage properly for me. Did all the steps recommended and everything.
    So I just returned it.

Also for me personally tracking my every move was supremely stressful and made me super crazy. But I know that works well for a lot of people.
  • Charlene72385
    Charlene72385 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had once since January and I love it. I find it accurate for steps, heart rate, and calories but not so much for distance despite recalibrating my stride length multiple times. As a runner, the heart rate function is fantastic. The band on my wrist never chafes even when I am drenched in sweat. I normally eat around what my FitBit says I burn and my weight has basically remained unchanged (now I need to drop weight for something at work) so I'm trying to get from 135 to 120. I am eating what it tells me minus 750 calories and it's been working. It's also fun to have challenges with friends and family. Just don't get it wet.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I've got one under the tree. I can't wait!!!!
  • silverspring47
    silverspring47 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOVE MINE!!!!
    Heart rate and steps are VERY accurate!!
    It needs to move or be taken off to prevent rashing. Battery needs to be charged about 2 times a week.
    It motivates me a lot!!! I highly recommend it!! I got mine used
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I don't track steps really, but its been updated and now also works for outdoor cycling and a few other forms of exercise. I find the hr monitoring very accurate, and sleep. I have no trouble with getting chafing. Its not supposed to be on super tight and you do have to take it off to shower!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Love mine. I started with a Fitbit one (had it 2 years), then got a Charge HR for mothers day. The only feature I no longer use is the sleep. I take it off at night because I have arthritis in my thumb and wrist and anything around my wrist while sleeping bothers me. I find it really useful for tracking my workouts (love the heart rate feature when I am lifting especially) and keeping me moving on off days. It seems to be pretty accurate.

edit to add that I have had no issues with chafing but I do wipe it dry once a day. I also charge it about twice a week.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Love it! I wear mine 24/7 since getting it a few months ago. I upgraded from the Zip, which I had liked, but wasn't excited enough by it and I kept forgetting to wear it (which kind of defeats the point if you're using it to sync with MFP).

Because of the HR feature it takes a few days to learn your body and adjust. For example, I have a high resting HR, so for the first few days it showed an inflated calorie burn for me. Once it figured out that's just my body, it adjusted, and now I find it to be very accurate. I know it's accurate because I sync it with MFP and when I log food accurately, my weight loss is precisely what it should be. I'm always a bit confused when people say it is not accurate for them, because honestly, unless you have a metabolic disorder it should be pretty accurate for everyone. I sometimes wonder if people just see that it says they burn more/less than they THINK they do, and decide it must not be accurate. But that's a different topic, haha.

I love the automatic sleep tracking, the HRM function, the workout timer, and of course the daily step count. It keeps me motivated to reach my step goal every day. And I also love that when it syncs with MFP, and I have negative adjustments enabled, I never have to wonder about how much I should be eating. It just does all the calculations based on my day and tells me automatically.

The only thing I would say it isn't great for is lifting workouts - which is true of all HRMs. HRMs are really for cardio only. For lifting, you should log it manually on Fitbit for an accurate calorie burn.

Basically, I'm a big fan lol. I think it's a worthy Christmas gift :)

• Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I loved mine but ended up either allergic to something in the band, or really irritated by the bulging HRM because I broke out in a raw painful rash on my wrist. I never have had a problem with my flex band...but like I said, I loved it and I was sad to see it go.
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love mine
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    I really do like it. At first, I thought I would not since I have not worn a watch in years. Takes some getting used to.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Hear rate is very inaccurate... If you are OK with that then go for it.
  • roxyspitfire53
    roxyspitfire53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have both the flex and charge HR. I love the Charge HR because of the heart rate and steps
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hear rate is very inaccurate... If you are OK with that then go for it.

Hey, I'm interested in getting what for mainly the heart rate but before I go buy it can you reccomend any others with good Heart rate? Thanks :)

I have both the flex and charge HR. I love the Charge HR because of the heart rate and steps
    Hey, how accurate is the heart rate? Thanks :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    Hey, how accurate is the heart rate? Thanks :)

I find the HR to be very accurate, it is on par with what machines at the gym say and my resting HR is on par with what doctors have measured for me. The only thing is if you're doing HIIT or something and your heart rate suddenly spikes up, it can take the fitbit a minute to catch on. Same with lifting - sometimes it will lose your HR for a minute if it is jumping around a lot or if you are moving your wrist too much. But I don't find this problematic because HR monitors are really only supposed to be used for steady state cardio anyway. I log any other type of workout manually on fitbit.