High fat!?!

Options
How on Earth is my fat % so high? Ugh!! Yesterday, I ate 4 pieces of fruit to lower my daily %...and today it appears I will have to do the same thing! And protein...no idea what I'll have yet...I swear this is so much work lol

I went out for lunch with a friend..proudly ordered a salad, dressing on side, I drank water. I made the same salad for dinner, with my kale n quinoa patties. Breaky was toast, bruschetta, and eggs. I feel my day is GREAT...but here my protein is low, my carbs are low, my fat is 54%!?! Grr don't get it ...

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Set your diary to public
  • silverspring47
    silverspring47 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Done!!
  • silverspring47
    Options
    Thx lol
  • Sued0nim
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Right I had a quick look and I think your logging is off

1) throw away the cups and spoons and use a scale
    2) be extremely careful with the entries you choose ...they look incorrect ..you need to check everything

Eg your pesto is low on calories

u130mp19gwem.jpg

Eggs ...weigh them ...mine are generally heavier than you've allowed

As to fat ...it's a minimum macro ...but I'm pretty sure you need to sort your general logging before worrying about macro issues
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    That homemade bruschetta did you build the recipe?
  • silverspring47
    Options
    Pesto, I don't use much. 1 serving is 2tbsp, I use half a tbsp. And I have leftovers. But I count what I don't eat.

I didn't build the bruschetta recipe either. I didn't use one. I just made bruschetta. That log may be off. It may account for more oil than I used. I don't want nor like oily bruschetta.

Any time I can, I use the barcode reader to get accurate info.

As much as I want to log, I don't want my life to revolve around it. (Obsessive personality and recovered ED. So I want to be careful with how deep I allow myself to get while logging. I am mainly doing it to show my nutritionist.)
  • silverspring47
    Options
    tdvcorq7qfc9.png

See...I only have 1/4 tbsp. And I keep it in its own small bowl and don't smear it on. I always have leftovers.
  • Sued0nim
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you're prone to obsession and recovered ED I hope you've been cleared to use a calorie logger
  • silverspring47
    Options
    Yes, my nutritionist is aware of everything. We are working very well together to lose weight the healthy way this time :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Excellent

What has s/he said about your intake?
  • silverspring47
    Options
    I have been trying to eat according to the Ontario Health Food Guide... So the rainbow guide. 2 meat/alternative, 2milk/alternative etc...
    But when I do that I go over in calories or in fat % ... May be best to wait a month and discuss with my nutritionist..see what kind of advice she has.
  • silverspring47
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Excellent

What has s/he said about your intake?

Previously, my protein was insanely high. And wow was she right!!! I'd have my daily intake before breakfast was over LOL so I have reduced that. This will be the first time (in Jan) I can show her a great log (previously just did my own in paper. And used pictures) and can ask why my fat is high.

I will eliminate the pesto mayo. Tho I don't eat much of it...it's not something I need. Any other changes you could recommend? Maybe an ingredient swap?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Possibly

It would be inappropriate to give generic advice due to your recovery and current treatment ...but well done you
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    How on Earth is my fat % so high? Ugh!! Yesterday, I ate 4 pieces of fruit to lower my daily %...and today it appears I will have to do the same thing! And protein...no idea what I'll have yet...I swear this is so much work lol

I went out for lunch with a friend..proudly ordered a salad, dressing on side, I drank water. I made the same salad for dinner, with my kale n quinoa patties. Breaky was toast, bruschetta, and eggs. I feel my day is GREAT...but here my protein is low, my carbs are low, my fat is 54%!?! Grr don't get it ...

If you lower your carb macro, your other macros will increase.
    I don't mind if my fat % it high (45-50%), but I don't like to have low protein, personally.
  • silverspring47
    Options
    Yes, good point. I am much MUCH better than I was. Even allowed myself extreme weight gain to focus on what the REAL problems were :) I needed to not focus on my body (and accept gain), so I could focus on mental... now it's time to be completely healthy!!
  • silverspring47
    Options
    Good point lovee ...which is why my fruits lowered my % yesterday. I'll do it again today... I may just need that..increase fruit and veg again. No harm in that!!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Good point lovee ...which is why my fruits lowered my % yesterday. I'll do it again today... I may just need that..increase fruit and veg again. No harm in that!!

Sounds good! I weigh-out a pound of veggies a day and eat them in stir fry's, soup and salad. No fruit for me right now.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I find higher carb days are naturally lower in fat, and lower carb days turn out higher in fat. It's kind of like a see saw. So I wouldn't worry too much about one day, especially if they're all healthy fats.
    Good for you working with a nutritionist! Best wishes on your progress.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm playing around with macros right now and I wish hitting my fat macro was easy. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want your fat intake at a certain percentage?