hungry

Options
I'm on day four of tracking, it's 10 pm and I'm hungry. I'm white knuckling it and going to bed.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I assume you are eating all your calories allocated? Are you eating back any exercise calories?

Drinking plenty of fluids? Weighing and measuring all your foods?

Eating filling foods that keep you feeling satisfied for longer? Protein, good fats, high fibre?

• silverspring47
    silverspring47 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This happened to me...first few days were HELL!! My body was NOT used to the calorie cut!!!
    Have some fruit or veg. Drinking water or tea will make u feel bloated and you will only wake up having to pee, and realizing you are starving!! If my hunger gets really bad, I may even have a piece of toast with laughing cow cheese. You may need to increase calories for the first few days. I did that too, and it really helped!!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was that way the first week until I realized I needed to change what I was eating. I was eating small portions of high calorie foods instead of large portions of low calorie foods. Change up what your eating and see if it helps. Large portions veggies and small portions of pastas, rice, potatoe for dinner along with decent portions of lean meats.
  • Chris1020
    Chris1020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am sure it will get better. I just need to hang in there. Going out to eat tonight so I looked up what I am going to eat and have already tracked it.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    For some reason my second week back was the hardest. So I ate about 1-200cals over for like 2 days and then I was fine.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I usually saved some calories for a late snack. Helped me a lot. Good luck. You can do this.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Ave a banana, can't beat it
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy going to bed slightly hungry.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    Ave a banana, can't beat it

A banana may not be filling for everyone. For me, an apple works much better.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough fats and protein, as they help with satiety.