BINGE-BUSTERS

Options
MOMfit4life
MOMfit4life Posts: 45 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Serious BUSTERS wanted! Please help! I'm tired of gaining & losing the same weight, over & over again! Anyone else need to bust out of a binge trend? Comfort or emotional eating? S.A.D.?Anyone else sick & tired of making excuses? I am! Just had surgery; but I don't want that as an excuse to be lazy. Need serious motivation! Let's team up & bust out. United we can overcome unhealthy habits & share tips. Please join me & lets get healthier & fit!

Replies

• MOMfit4life
    Options
    insanity = same old habits-expecting new results...

TIPS... Create NEW habits :)

•Pre-log my meals
    •Drink 8 glasses water
    •log every bite-EVERY BITE
    •replace any SAD thoughts
    •Mantra: I'm worth the effort!
  • gim101
    gim101 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you, I need serious motivation especially around the holidays :). I want to lose at least 10kgs but I keep gaining and losing the same 2, doh! Binging on junk food is my downfall. Bring on the new habits!
  • MOMfit4life
    Options
    TGIF! We've got this! It starts with me, and ends with ME!

Just had surgery on one eye, one leg, and one hand+thumb -in a huge cast. Great news is I still have one healthy eye, one leg, and one hand. GOT THIS!

MY ATTITUDE & MY HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON ME
  • MOMfit4life
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MFPs... YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT TO CHANGE

Share your favorite tip today? What is working for you? What are YOU doing today to change? What little changes are you making?

PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIPS?

MY STAT TIP:

Say NO to first unhealthy item tempting you! Replace it or trash it NOW! Hide it! "NO" out loud & mean it. Is it really worth the extra calories & regret? If not - say no! Just this once! (Just pitched yummy pumpkin dump cake) YES
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    SAD is due to a chemical imbalance, so just replacing those thoughts isn't an effective fix. Sunlamps/tanning, exercise, creatine or even seeking medical help can improve SAD.

Many people can improve their binge eating by setting their goal to lose 1 pound or half a pound per week and eating protein with each meal.
  • MOMfit4life
    Options
    Thank you usmcmp. Great suggestions & tips! Didn't have much luck with lamps.
    Take RX for depression, helps some.

Have you found creatine helps? Tell me more...
  • Marissachapasko
    Marissachapasko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in and add me if you like :)
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been planning ahead my meals and snacks for the day. First looking at my schedule and then planning the times and foods I will eat. This has really helped this week.
  • MOMfit4life
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yay! Welcome Karenskyhazel & wendyron3!

Planning what foods & times to eat are great tips!
  • MOMfit4life
    edited December 2015
    Options
    THANKS for great TIPS...

*Set goal to lose .5 or 1 pound weekly
    *Eat healthy protein with each meal
    *Plan meals & snacks around day
    *Plan what time will eat
    *Drink 8 glasses water
    *Move; 10k steps
    *Write down goals
    *Pre-log MFP meals & snacks
    *Log everything
  • MOMfit4life
    Options
    What motivates YOU?
    ? ______ motivates me when I'm down.
  • x5hjg
    x5hjg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me please!!! I need all the help I can get at the minute
  • MOMfit4life
    Options
    Yay! Welcome x5hjg :)

Every day offers a new beginning,
    I am writing my new story...
    And so are YOU!
    Remember how unique, talented, and amazing YOU are, MFPs
  • MOMfit4life
    Options
    NEW START!

IF IT'S TO BE... ITS UP TO ME ⭐️
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I binge eat when I'm in a fibro flare - I think that I feel so badly that I deserve to eat something yummy. I have to retrain myself to think that I deserve to eat healthy lose weight and feel better at least where my weight is concerned since I have no control over the chronic pain.
  • mcheskett
    mcheskett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stress binge badly. Sometimes so much that I feel sick. I was recently diagnosed with depression and anxiety as well as insulin resistance. Feels like an uphill battle. I appreciate the suggestions and welcome any motivation offered!
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, let's be friends! I'm a binge eater and could do with the extra motivation :-)
  • eldertd
    eldertd Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am an emotional/ stress binge eater and need the support and motivation to lose the 30+ pounds I've gained :( Please add me!!
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to identify triggers that make me flip from a healthy eating mentality to a "I deserve to eat this bad food" thinking. I'm like someone said above - I will actually eat badly until I make myself sick. That's why I can't have "cheat" days - I'll eat thousands of calories in that one day and feel terrible!
  • Lizzierose89
    Lizzierose89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with binge/emotional eating, it's a big struggle at the moment. I lose weight then it all piles back on again I'm so frustrated! Would love to have friends on here who share the same experiences. Feel free to add me, I need the motivation!