Getting sick of the gym

Options
Anyone else getting to the point where the gym has become a bind? how hard is it to put weights back when your done, do you not feel even slightly bad hogging the squat rack for a hour with your pleb head friends who spend the time looking at your phones then doing sets badly, no one cares if you can't bench a big weight so why spend 15 mins loading the bar and getting moron number 2 to help you get it 2 inches in the air

Do it properly, do it quick then sod off home and take your empty bottles of energy drink with you, imbeciles

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, from your post I'd say you are not going to the right gym. Perhaps, finding a better gym in your area might be the right solution for you. At the new gym that I switched to, the people are courteous and remove the weights off the equipment when they are done and they don't sit there hogging the benches or the squat rack. I now enjoy going to the gym again. Hope things get better for you soon.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you don't live in manchester england do you, i am prepared to commute
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    hilts1969 wrote: »
    you don't live in manchester england do you, i am prepared to commute

Sorry, no. I live in North East PA.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I will move in on monday
  • KaleYogaGin
    KaleYogaGin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haha! Ugh OP I can relate. I moved gym several weeks ago for exactly this reason. My old gym was cheap and inexpensive and populated by ignorant/arrogant meatheads with no sense of courtesy. Worse still, it was staffed by lazy and unenthusiastic people who never seemed to clean the place - seriously, I once witnessed the slow decomposition of a banana peel on the gym floor over the course of several days. Also (judging by some of the classes I attended), most of the staff got their fitness qualifications in some sort of 'collect ten protein bar wrappers, get certified as a trainer' situation.
    Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess.
    Wishing you a speedy transition out of the hellhole you described!
  • KaleYogaGin
    KaleYogaGin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just realised that this thread is from February!! OP, I sincerely hope you found a better gym.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Lol this post is exactly why I go at 4am. I don't have to deal with the buttheads
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Ya, I go the hour before close. None of that then.

Also, I did trial memberships at all of the gyms in the area and knew that while the Y was nicer and cleaner than the gym I picked, it was a lot more crowded. That was the deciding factor for me.