My Weekend Pledge!

Options
Hey everyone! I feel like I need to publicly pledge to all of you lovely people that this coming weekend I will NOT lose all control and eat ridiculous amounts of bad food. I have done this the past few weekends and I am holding up my progress.

For example: This Tuesday is my birthday, so I went home for the weekend and we did a little b-day bbq thing. I did great during dinner, had a turkey burger, small amounts of the side salads and I even had a low-fat ice cream cake. For some reason though, I thought it was a good idea to go to Wawa (a convenience store) at 9:00 at night and get a giant pretzel and excessively large bag of Skittles. And of course, proceed to eat them all. To my horror, the pretzel had 700 calories. I didn't look at the Skittles calorie content for fear of combustion. Needless to say, I gained a few pounds since Friday.

The point is, I am being a ridiculous person on the weekends and it needs to stop. This weekend I am going back home to the Jersey Shore for Father's Day, and I will be on my healthiest behavior. I promise! :)

Replies

• ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I hear ya!!!!!
    I start every weekend weighing in on Friday.. Looks good and then I remind myself to stay on track and keep with it for the weekend...
    than Saturday Morning rolls around and I start off, blowing off my workout :grumble: I enjoy lunch out with the girls :drinker: I may get a nice walk in to just feel better about myself and I tell myself tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou:

Sunday it starts all over and I blow it :explode:
    I am constantly reminding myself I want to look like the vision, more than I want that treat!!!!

Ugh!!!! still a struggle and haven't seen the scales change:angry:
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I will pledge as well! I did horribly this past weekend after doing great all week. So, I need to motivate myself as well. I WILL STICK TO MY ROUTINE THIS WEEKEND!!!
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    I will take this Pledge with you!! I am just starting out and I did good my 1st week end. But this last weekend I had people over and than went to my partens and lost all control! I need to plan better next time!
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    I too am a weekend binger.........I pledge along with you all to do better & stop derailing all my hard weekday work!

The only people we are cheating is ourselves. We can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OH - I am so with you on this!! My status is about my weekend sabatoge. I did great... until lake season arrived. I don't know why it's so much harder to eat right when I'm near a body of water... ugh. The next 3 weekends can NOT be like the previous 3 weekend. Or i'll be stuck between 159 & 161 for the rest of my life.
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We can do it! We just have to remind ourselves that our body's fat-making ability doesn't go on vacation mode even when we do :)