Proteins in meat/Fish/eggs/Diary vs oatmeal etc

Options
So i count all my calories.. And i eat like 300g chicken/Turkey/Salmon an day and 3 eggs everyday..

But i also eat oatmeal, whole grain rice etc.. Is the proteins in Oatmeal, and whole grain rice proteins that i should count when i do my calories? Cuz they don't contain the full range of amino acids..??

Replies

• PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    You should count all protein you eat. Just because it is incomplete protein is not of consequence unless you are always eating incomplete protein, even then it is more a matter that the amino acids that are missing are ones that your body cannot produce itself leading to long term deficiencies. Since you eat meat, that is not something you need to take into account.
  • dagmjohansendagdag123
    Options
    Is this c
    You should count all protein you eat. Just because it is incomplete protein is not of consequence unless you are always eating incomplete protein, even then it is more a matter that the amino acids that are missing are ones that your body cannot produce itself leading to long term deficiencies. Since you eat meat, that is not something you need to take into account.

and this coming from a cat? :open_mouth:
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Has to do with branched aminos and essential aminos. The profiles are different.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So i count all my calories.. And i eat like 300g chicken/Turkey/Salmon an day and 3 eggs everyday..

But i also eat oatmeal, whole grain rice etc.. Is the proteins in Oatmeal, and whole grain rice proteins that i should count when i do my calories? Cuz they don't contain the full range of amino acids..??

Yep. Count everything.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Is this c

and this coming from a cat? :open_mouth:

You will find all kinds of creatures on MFP. :D