Started a week ago...

Options
I started using this site a week ago and have lost 2.6 lbs already! I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys. My oldest is almost 2 and my younger one is 4 months. I find myself having a problem sometimes finding time to work out (other than taking the boys for walks) or even being able to take the time to prepare healthy food, but I'm really trying. I was 220.4 when I started last week and I'm just disgusted with myself. I saw my reflection in a glass door last weekend when I was at a friends shower and I was embarrassed by how I look. And I have almost no clothes that fit because when the baby is 4 months you can't really get away with wearing maternity clothes. Anyway, I hope to be able to come to these boards to get help and support on my journey.

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend.
  • Mammatus
    Mammatus Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! I just joined myself. I also have 2 boys!! My oldest is almost 2 (end of Sept) and my youngest just turend 5 months. So we are together with that!! I've been working out for the past 10 days and have lost 7 lbs! I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. I find the time to workout during afternoon nap time. ODS goes down at 12:30 until around 3:30 and YDS either watches me and laughs (which makes the workout fun) or I wait until 1pm when he naps!

And don't forget walks, esp. ones where you are pushing your double stroller are GREAT!! Just try to walk 20min atleast then up the amount every week. Not sure about your boys but my boys love walks and will stay out as long as I want! Anyways, if you want someone to talk with just shout!! Good luck I know you can do this!!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started a week ago myself! You will love it here! I have 3 boys myself but you just have to find some time for you. Right now I am doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred. It's just 28 mins- everyday at home, otherwise I have to wait til my husband is home to sneak off to do hot yoga or zumba. lol See if you can take some "before" pics, it will give you motivation later on! You can add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    double post.
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also joined a week ago, feel free to add me for encouragement. My kids are older (7 and 13) but I am a stay at home Mom as well. I love this site, so many people saying good job helps to keep you motivated. Good luck and way to go on the first week loss!
  • mommyjj92
    mommyjj92 Posts: 8
    Options
    Mammatus - That's so funny... my oldest will be 2 at the beginning of Sept. He goes down for a nap at 11 and then sleeps until 12:30 or 1, but the younger one has been driving me nuts for the past week. He won't sleep during the day unless I'm holding him. And if he doesn't sleep then he screams and I want to rip my hair out. I do try to take them for walks for 30 - 45 minutes a day, and I definitely count it since I'm pushing over 40 lbs of kid! I'm just really feeling like a wreck lately with everything. My house is a mess, I'm still in my pj's and I feel like I can't do anything because the baby just cries when I put him down. Is it too early for a glass of wine? :)
  • Mammatus
    Mammatus Posts: 9
    Options
    Not to early at all!! Haha..I totally feel that way sometimes! I wouldn't worry about the PJs heck just exersice in them, I know I have!! Just yesterday! I'm trying to think of ideas for you 4 month old. Maddox my 5 month old was like that for a while. Can you incorparate your little one into the exercises? I dont know, I'll be thinking of things for you!! Yesterday was so busy I didnt get my workout video done utnil 11pm!! But I forced myself to do it!