Alli weight loss pill

Options
I am thinking of trying Alli weight loss pill and wanted to see if anyone out there has tried and and if so did you like and how bad the "side effects" were for you?

Replies

• Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I personally have not tried it but a co-worker of mine did. She said that everytime she ate fatty food she would be stuck on the toilet because it is designed to expel fat from the body. She lost weight but hated the side effects when she ate things like cheeseburgers, fries, etc. She also said its expensive... Hope it helps!
  • DTatum
    DTatum Posts: 15
    Options
    Friend and messag me and I will tell you something to try..
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yep I tried it shortly after giving birth to my 3rd child. I bought 1 bottle and honestly it's not worth it, it just gave me bad side affects . It is the only diet pill I've ever tried and it made no change, just eating healthy, counting calories and working out has worked wonders for me!

and yes the side effects are pretty bad!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    DO NOT DO IT! Total waste of money. If you even eat the tiiiiiniest bit of fat, you may be in the bathroom for a long time. And also, not too get too graphic, but what you think may be a tiny toot -- may not be a toot at all....

Balanced meals and exercise is what you need. Pills can't fix it.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The side effects are pretty bad. I tried them for a little while and didn't really see any results. I say save your money and just eat smart!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that it's not worth it. First, the side effects sound horrible. Second, if you're not changing your eating habits, you're likely to gain the weight right back when you stop taking the pills. Change your diet (don't "go on a diet" but change your eating habits entirely) and work out for long-lasting, healthier results.
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using it sparingly, read and FOLLOW the directions carefully and you won't have the surprising side effects. You cannot eat more than 15 grams of at each time you take a pill. Personally, I only take maybe 2-3 pills a week at meals that I know have a more fat than I want to absorb, but not enough fat to give side effects.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while a couple of years ago and discovered that it was pointless because I was eating really well at that point and wasn't eating much fat to begin with. As such, it didn't really have a job to do, so to speak, and was thus ineffective. I had been hoping it would speed up my weight loss a bit, but it had zero effect. It wasn't cheap, either!
  • JennTonn1980
    JennTonn1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback! I think I will just stick to staying at my Calorie goal and maybe just going low-fat on my own=)
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback! I think I will just stick to staying at my Calorie goal and maybe just going low-fat on my own=)

Thats a good idea from what i here about alli you might *kitten* yourself in public.....stay healthy
  • curvycreation
    curvycreation Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but the toot comment made me fall out of my chair!!! lol
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I did Ali once :) if you eat ANYTHING with fat I swear you poop grease. and not when you want to.. its disgusting.. don't do it! LOL
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Save your money. There's no magic pill without consequences.
    Get some good vitamins from health food store instead.
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    I foyu follow the diet regimine and only eat less that 15 grams of fat with eat meal than this pill will work for you. You can't just take the pill and eat whatever you want. I use this pill and it has helped me, it also is one of the only FDA approved weight loss pill on the market.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started taking it yesterday, so far no side effects. My mom used to use it and I guess as long as you watch your fat intake then you don't experience any side effects. Also talk about some serious motivation!
  • DannieElise
    DannieElise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love how honest everyone is being on here! My aunt is a physician and she shared with me that a lot of patients have complained about not being able to control your "toots" and "shoots" while taking Alli....props to you for doing your research and asking around before investing your money into something!