Yummy protein shake?

Options
Tell me the name of your favorite protein shake and why?

Replies

• vessiangel
    vessiangel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like Dymatize ISO 100 cookies and cream, fudge brownie, and chocolate. It absorbs in 30 min and it tastes dissent. My night time is ON casein chocolate, not bad for a casein one. I mix it with water only.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like PEScience snicker doodle because it's super sweet and literally tastes like a cookie. I often do it with water and 50-60g of greek yogurt, or almond milk. Add some cocoa powder, stevia. That's all. I'm sure if you're into fancy shakes you could do something great with it. Also, even though this brand is a whey/casein blend-it still makes really good protein fluff. I won't buy whey protein in bulk because I can't make fluff with it if needed.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Quest and Optimum Nutrition(casein). Because they both taste good and mix up nice and thick.
  • ksmithmn1
    ksmithmn1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the Isagenix IsaLean Pro natural chocolate because it tastes like chocolate pudding and all I have to mix it with is water. And it has 36g of protein.
  • Jdc021
    Jdc021 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ON mint chocolate chip with water or skimmed milk. I just started adding flax seed to it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Here's my fave:

http://amzn.com/B00HSMND02

I have a really hard time with a lot of foods, it's one of the few protein shakes I have tried that I not only tolerate, but really enjoy.
  • bdfarrall
    bdfarrall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the Vanilla Ideal Shake. It tastes sweet but it does not have much sugar. I like that it's good in water or I use almond milk.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate with peanut butter. I make it with light soy milk.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    leanpro8 is good..vanilla, strawberry and cookies and cream i find taste great
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Maxinutrition Promax Milk in chocolate flavour. They're handy little bottles to grab from the fridge as and when needed. I'm still experimenting with powdered protein because the whey isolates can adversely affect my stomach. Any good plant based protein powders, anyone?
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk vanilla flavor in morning and MuscleTech NitroTech strawberry flavor after workout. Both taste great and gives my body the protein it needs
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I like the Labrada brand they sell at academy sports

It has the amino acid profile and moderate carb level I like.

I am working on going from 12.5-13% body fat to 11% and those shakes have a good nutritional balance
    To be a solid lunch replacement

I sometimes stir in a tbsp of PB2.

The taste is decent

I add some fat free Reddi Whip spray to get some variety sometimes.

• yourad0rk
    yourad0rk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - but not all of the flavours. I think they taste horrible with water, but when made with skimmed milk, they can pass for actual shakes. I've take to the Vanilla Ice Cream flavour recently and have incorporated half an avocado to the equation as well, and it tastes amazing, the texture is just like an ice cream shake as well.

BSN Syntha 6 is good with just water and even better with milk, but it's heavier in calories.

Just depends on what you're looking for really.