Sushi

Options
Going out for Sushi tonight, what is the healthiest?

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    None are! Eat up, if you don't mind parasites!! ;)
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sushi that lacks sauces, mayo, and crunchy stuff (onions)

Personally, sushi is great either way. If I'm going out, I'll enjoy what I like and make room for it in my calorie budget.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Start with some edamame and miso soup unless you're worried about sodium. Then avoid rice if you're trying to cut calories. Eat lots of raw fish by itself. Good protein! Have fun!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I had sushi, last night. I limited my rolls, to four slices. Then had sashimi. The rice is the most caloric part of a piece of sushi. Served with a simple salad of mixed lettuces and chanterelle mushrooms,

j3xmmeq4miuw.jpg
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Sashimi and edamame are how I usually get a high protein, low calorie sushi meal in. Also, opt for soy sauce in lieu of the caloric spicy mayo. And drink green tea.

But I usually order at least one maki roll, 'cause they're delicious. Actually, if I go out for good sushi, I usually just eat whatever I want, 'cause it's delicious and it's just one meal so it probably won't derail me.

Portion control has been a wonderful thing for my sushi budget. I order a reasonable amount now, so it costs a reasonable price. I always thought of sushi as an expensive splurge, when in truth I was just ordering way too much! (I do avoid the all-you-can-eat places, mind you, as all I can eat really isn't all that much, and their sushi tends to be second rate anyway.)
  • jjonas74
    jjonas74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look into Hawaiian style Poke!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »
    I had sushi, last night. I limited my rolls, to four slices. Then had sashimi. The rice is the most caloric part of a piece of sushi. Served with a simple salad of mixed lettuces and chanterelle mushrooms,

j3xmmeq4miuw.jpg
    YUM.