Skinny Girl Margaritas!!!

Options
DaniJeanine
DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
I'm in love with this stuff! If you haven't heard of this magical booze yet, its a bottle of pre-made margarita mix (tequila included) that is only 36 calories per 1 ounce. At 12.5% alcohol, its the equivalent of one beer! If you pour that 1 ounce over ice, it's a good size cocktail. This weekend I mixed 1 ounce of skinny girl with a splash of minute maid light raspberry juice and a bit of plain seltzer. It was amazing AND the best part? 40 calories :-)

Replies

• ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Sounds good, where do you purchase this?????
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if that info is correct 12.5 of any alcohol is way more than 36 calories. Perhaps you are getting the one without the alcohol?
  • RunNannyRun
    Options
    I just had this drink this weekend too!!! I loved it and felt like I wasn't ruining my day by having it!!!
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sounds great
  • jeslawson
    jeslawson Posts: 6
    Options
    I just saw some of that and I love Margaritas!!!! I will have to buy it the next time I see it , THank you so much !!!
  • lgrebner
    lgrebner Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Skinny Girl Margaritas! Great idea about mixing them. I will try that sometime.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    BUMP -- want to come back to this topic.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just checked and it is a little over 100 calories per serving not bad still.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if that info is correct 12.5 of any alcohol is way more than 36 calories. Perhaps you are getting the one without the alcohol?

One ounce of tequila is roughly 70 calories, but the one ounce in this mix isn't all tequila. Also one ounce of wine is roughly 25 calories and the alcohol content on that is up around the same percentage. Depends on the booze. :)
    (I shouldn't know that much about alcohol. Haha!!)
  • RunNannyRun
    Options
    It's about 100 calories every 4oz. I like to add a fresh squeezed lime to mine.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I bought 3 bottles a week ago...stockpiling for our week of vacation at the lake at the end of the month. It's SOOOO good!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So apparently none of you have a girlfriend that makes you watch The Real Housewives of New York.
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump!

Thanks for the recommendation!
  • debbn2011
    debbn2011 Posts: 7
    Options
    BUMP
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It has a lot of chemicals (i.e. sweeteners) though, and it actually gave me a BAD stomachache. It is so easy to make your own!

1 shot good tequila
    juice of 2 limes
    Club soda

Shake up the tequila and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and get it nice and cold, add to a cup of ice, then add club soda to top it off. It is very yum!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Girl Margaritas because of love Bethenny :)
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    LOL

So apparently none of you have a girlfriend that makes you watch The Real Housewives of New York.
  • DaniJeanine
    Options

No, it's def alcoholic. I'm sure you could double-check this info online if you needed to see it with your own eyes lol :-)
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    100 calories per 4 ounces makes sense seeing that 1 oz said about 36 calories (that would be more like 140 calories per 4 ounces) but you can really make that last if you only use 1 ounce per drink. Being an avid red wine drinker, I just think this is a great option for BBQ's and other summer stuff where wine isn't always the best option. Even some bars have it now! Talk about a better alternative to a beer!! :-)