Afraid of failing others?!?!

Options
Is there anyone on here that is afraid of not succeeding ? Or reaching your goal? What's your goal and why?

Replies

• kkraisinger
    kkraisinger Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think for me it is a mindset where getting started again is the tough part of the journey however once you are over that hump it becomes a lifestyle. My goal is to feel fit and eating healthy and a workout routine is a must to achieve satisfaction. Good luck to you!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm no shrink but I think being afraid of succeeding is a setup for failure. It establishes a self-defeating negative mindframe.
    My goal is to buff up so I look and feel good and maintain it. And why...the main reason is I'm not getting any younger and I better take care of myself if I want to stick around as long as possible, also I live in a subtropical coastal area where minimal clothing is the norm so vanity comes into play as well. Gotta look good on the beach!
  • Proguy101
    Proguy101 Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I only feel like I will fail when I look at the large amount I need to loose and how long it will take!!
    SO I set a goal for a week- never look at the big picture if it seems overwhelming and kills your motivation.
    Just day by day with 5 days as the finish. or 3 days or what ever short term run seems possible. don't look past that till your there.
    Starting is the hardest... but time passes no matter what so I might as well head in the right direction
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I tend not to tell others my plans until I am on my way to success or failure. It is all on me and I like not adding external pressures. I do better that way.

For your questions:
    jcmenard wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here that is afraid of not succeeding ? Or reaching your goal?
    It wasn't really an option. I have prediabetes which seems hard to control. If I can't control it my health would get worse and I'll lose a few years of life and have that life be less enjoyable. Changing my eating had to happen.
    jcmenard wrote: »
    What's your goal and why?
    My goal was to control my BG, improve my health, and get back into a healthy BMI. The BMI was fairly easy and took less than three months to lose 20-25 lbs. I kept going since it is going well.

Controlling BG is going to be an issue forever. Losing weight did not help in the slightest. Better health will be an ongoing issue too.

My eating changes needed to be permanent. I am only half a year into it, but I feel like this is very do able.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I found setting really small mini goals helps, they do not have to be scale related. My only goals right now are to
    1. log 90 consecutive days
    2. Do squats, chinups, ab work every week.

This I can do.