Discouraged

Options
Hi, I'm Krissa. I'm new to Fitness pal. Two years ago I lost a ton of weight on my own. I went from 216lbs down to 140 in less than 8 months without starving myself. Just 1/2 of brisk walking and counting calories. Sad to say I went thru a stressful time in my life taking care of parents and gained most of it back. I kind of had an "I don't care attitude." Now I feel disgusted and need to get motivated again to lose the weight. I have been a yo yo dieter for years.

Replies

• MsTeaLady
    MsTeaLady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a huge accomplishment! You're human, so give yourself a break. Just remember how you felt at 140 versus how you feel now. What might help is to redefine who you are in your own mind. If you try telling yourself everyday, "I am healthy, I am strong, I am athletic," or whatever gets you going, then you might start to make choices that line up with those self-labels.

If disgust and guilt aren't motivating you, those feelings are worthless. Don't let them linger around.
  • Glamourgirl46
    Glamourgirl46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks so much. I was always the one encouraging people when they saw how motivated I was and how well I did. Now I'm the one needing motivation. Thanks again for the kind words
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I also lost weight and then gained it back. I realized I could be frustrated or disgusted with myself, or I could say, "hey, I've already done this once, so I know that I can do it again!" take it as proof that you know you can succeed.

good luck the second time around!!
  • Glamourgirl46
    Options
    You're right! I have done this once, twice, maybe three times, and I can do it again. LOL
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm sorry just look at it this way you've done it once you can do it again!
  • Glamourgirl46
    Options
    Thank you. And you were right, I've done this at least six other times in my life and I can do it again. Thanks for your kind words
  • mrsrich03
    mrsrich03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right there with you , I just started this new account to have a new fresh start . Went from 255 down to 195 back to 218 and now I am ready to do this !
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You have done it before, so you KNOW you can do it again. The negative feelings won't help and feelings often become attitude. Take this as an opportunity to turn it around. I am in the same boat as you and I have decided that one day at a time is all I can do. So that is exactly what I do. I don't dwell on the past or my slip ups. One choice at a time.