Blue Team Challenge

Options
I posted an idea for the week no one really responded to it though so I'll ask one more time. I thought a back to basics work out wold be great. The old school stuff: jumping jacks, push-ups,lunges/squats,crunches and maybe some jump roping if anyone wants. I never so these things because all the equipment I use. I figure start off with however many you can do then add 5 each day or however you want to do it. For the people that need to take it easy just do a few or what ever you can for the people that want it a little bit harder up it the 5 or 10 if your willing? What do you all think? I think it's a good challenge for exercise.

Replies

• aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I posted an idea for the week no one really responded to it though so I'll ask one more time. I thought a back to basics work out wold be great. The old school stuff: jumping jacks, push-ups,lunges/squats,crunches and maybe some jump roping if anyone wants. I never so these things because all the equipment I use. I figure start off with however many you can do then add 5 each day or however you want to do it. For the people that need to take it easy just do a few or what ever you can for the people that want it a little bit harder up it the 5 or 10 if your willing? What do you all think? I think it's a good challenge for exercise.
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think it is great!!! I will start with 5 each a day.
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I also think its a good challenge. I did 3 months of cardi bootcamp this past summer, and they used every one of those exercises.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am in for 10 each daily to start

how long for jumping rope - even though mine will be imaginary??
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am starting mine in about 10 minutes. I love this idea!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'll start some too!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I did a whole bunch of them yesterday. I didnt do any today because I went to step class for an hour and then came home and did 30 day shred. Tomorrow I will definately have to do them. It is snowing here and usually if it snows the bus wont come up to my house and I dont drive if the roads are bad which means I will probably have all my kids home tomorrow

Connie
  • aprilann
    Options
    I think it's great getting responses to the challenge. I live in MN and it's crappy here so this challenge requires nothing but you. I love that! I want to thank you guys for the support of this challenge and tell you all great job on the first week if it wasn't for being on a team with you all I probably wouldn't of lost my 2 lbs.
  • kammiller
    Options
    I do it to I will start with 10 tomorrow this should help keep me warm since it is soooo cold here:frown:
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am in! Especially since dinner out with the in-laws was impossible to pass up tonight!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I did all of it except the Jump Rope...but I added in 10 minutes up and down the stairs so I figured that offset the Jump Rope. I did 10 each - Lunges, Squats, Jumping Jacks, push ups, and 20 crunches

It's a start. I hope to add 5 to each today-my mini goal for today!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Count me in! :bigsmile:
  • aprilann
    Options
    How's it going with the back to basic challenge I love it!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Hey Aprilann. My intentions were great yesterday and today, but have been completely exhausted. I will be back on the wagon later tonight or first thing tomorrow. Hope all is well!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You know I actually did all of these in the 30 day shred today well almost all of them. Not really lunges but they were sort of like lunges with weights. I did 20 pushups and I dont know how many jumping jacks but enough of them and not really jumping rope because I dont have one but I did it with an imaginary one.

Connie
  • aprilann
    Options
    You know I actually did all of these in the 30 day shred today well almost all of them. Not really lunges but they were sort of like lunges with weights. I did 20 pushups and I dont know how many jumping jacks but enough of them and not really jumping rope because I dont have one but I did it with an imaginary one.

Connie
    Good for you! Imaginary that's good LOL :laugh: I could do only 10 but I did them on my knees I could barely do 1 the regular way. So I give you huge props! I did some sit-ups on my big ball. They were hard like that.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I am getting ready to do the back to basics right now and then getting on the bike and then the elliptical. I hope that everyone has a great day and makes really good choices today!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Helen43
    Helen43 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm up for the jumping jacks. I start with 5 and add 5 each day until I get to 50.
    Thanks for the challenge. Sometimes good ideas get lost in the threads.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I did 10 each of: jumping jacks, lunges, squats, crunches, and pushups. I also did 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical. Off to get ready for the last work day of the week.

Make good choices today!!!