Breakfast ideas please.

Options
What do you all have for breakfast. My breakfast is either toast and scrambled egg with spinach or yoghurt and musli. Looking for other options

Replies

• shaneozouf
    shaneozouf Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What are your goals and macros goals?

I find that breakfast can often make or break your macro goals for the day.

What I usually have for breakfast is Scrambled eggs with ham, cabbage, mushrooms. Sometimes I will put it over 1 slice of toast (but often not). I put sriracha sauce on it because spicy goes good with coffee for me
    Another breakfast item I have is 2 eggos with PB2 and Jam

I try to have things with a lot of protein in them and try to avoid carbs in the morning (the reason I do that is because I know there will be lots of carbs in the evening, sugars, veggies, rice, potatoes)
  • 3kidsinsane
    3kidsinsane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what macro goals are.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Anything. There are no specific foods that need to be eaten at specific times.

Eat whatever you like that fits in with your calorie and macronutritional goals.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what macro goals are.

Fat, carb, protein goals.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Macros, pancakes, waffles, oats, protein smoothie, protein bar, chicken, fish, breakfast burrito, last night's left overs.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts I like: toast spread w/ a little mashed avocado mixed with lime juice, salt & pepper. Toast with peanut butter (and a glass of chocolate milk.) Protein bar. Cabbage fried w/ mushrooms & topped with crushed peanuts. English muffins (well toasted) with Kerrygold butter. Oatmeal - not watery - made w/ butter, salt & pepper. Homemade muffins - usually w/ added nuts.

I also like to skip breakfast, do fasted cardio and follow-up with a protein shake.

Oh - and coffee. Every. Morning. Coffee.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Vegetable omelet -- I add my vegetables to the pan, saute for a bit, toss in the greens last, and then when ready add my eggs (including feta cheese, which I often include). Takes no significant time and gives me lots of vegetables and some protein to start my day. (Plus, delicious.) If I want more calories I add another protein source (often cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt) or some fruit, or both.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoothie breakfast person. 1 banana, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup kale, 1 cup frozen fruit, splash of oj and blend. I drink one every morning and now my husband does as well.
    If we have more time, like on the weekends, we'll make eggs, toast, pancakes, cereal, frittatas, omelets, fruit salad, breakfast burritos, hashbrowns, bacon sandwiches, etc.
  • chocolover99
    chocolover99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm all about prepping my meals on the weekends. I like to whisk up a dozen eggs, then add things like peppers, bacon,cheese. Then i pour it in muffin tins and bake. I just take out a couple of those in the morning and reheat for quick on the go breakfast.
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm all about prepping my meals on the weekends. I like to whisk up a dozen eggs, then add things like peppers, bacon,cheese. Then i pour it in muffin tins and bake. I just take out a couple of those in the morning and reheat for quick on the go breakfast.

OMG What a wonderful idea! I think this is what I need to start doing.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If I eat breakfast, I try to do some protein. Eggs, turkey bacon, real bacon or ham. I try not to go over 200 calories for my first meal so the protein really helps me make it until lunch/dinner.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    • Leftovers from dinner
    • hard boiled eggs
    • granola
    • oatmeal, dressed up or down as much as you'd like (within your calorie budget of course)
    • greek yogurt
    • cottage cheese (I like to mix in raspberries, a bit of sweetener, and slivered almonds)
    • egg frittata or quiche, made in advance (this often falls into "leftovers from dinner," for us)
    • sometimes if I'm really in a hurry I'll make a protein mocha - coffee with cream and chocolate protein powder mixed in - this time of year especially I like to add 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract too.