High fat!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• silverspring47
    silverspring47 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    50% fat is just too high...I wanna try to hit the nutritional standards set.
    I feel it is sort of a trial and error right now...I wasn't raised with healthy eating habits. My family raised me on restaurant food. So now, at 32, I am retraining myself.
    When I first started counting calories (about 8-9 yrs ago), I ha dno idea what a calorie was. I didn't know how many = fat. And I thought my eating was healthy. I'd eat potato skins, ribs, fries, beer, and later a ton of wings. The wings I ate were my calorie consumption for a day!
    So...I went backwards. I started to diet, it went well...but I thought, "what would 500 calories or less do?" ...I lost drastically. Then my body rebelled and I binged & gained. Then I did it again. Lost 80lbs. Then I rebelled again. Then I maintained...unhappily. Then I got heartbroken by a guy and thought, "food doesn't hurt me. Food doesn't leave me. I am happy with food. Food makes me fat, and fat makes guys not hit on me!" ...so I gained. And I gained. And I gained. 70lbs. Once I hit 250 (lowest was 147)...I realized I had a problem. And I was always covering it with food.

So!! Here I am!! I learned a lot as I gained. I know why I settled on losers. I want more out of life. I don't have to be fat to be happy. Lol (and honestly, I'm not any happier than I was 70lbs ago) It's time to retrain.

When my nutritionist diet said 1/4 plate protein, 1/4 carb, 1/2 veggie...I figured that meant if I had half a plate of meat, I should have 1.5 of veg! Haha!! Hey..the ratio still worked!!!
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why on Earth are you listening to the people on this forum. Consult your nutritionist. You should not be taking advice here. You are going to get a bunch of mixed messages.
  • silverspring47
    Options
    True.. Often times I want instant gratification lol or I get frustrated n need to have my little freak out.... & I get bored n like chatting
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I feel my day is GREAT...but here my protein is low, my carbs are low, my fat is 54%!?! Grr don't get it ...

It has to add up to 100% so if you have two lows the third thing is going to be high.

Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
    High carb, moderate protein, low fat
    etc

if you prefer words to numbers
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    How on Earth is my fat % so high? Ugh!! Yesterday, I ate 4 pieces of fruit to lower my daily %...and today it appears I will have to do the same thing! And protein...no idea what I'll have yet...I swear this is so much work lol

I went out for lunch with a friend..proudly ordered a salad, dressing on side, I drank water. I made the same salad for dinner, with my kale n quinoa patties. Breaky was toast, bruschetta, and eggs. I feel my day is GREAT...but here my protein is low, my carbs are low, my fat is 54%!?! Grr don't get it ...

That's odd that you ate fruit to lower your fat % because you st
    yarwell wrote: »
    I feel my day is GREAT...but here my protein is low, my carbs are low, my fat is 54%!?! Grr don't get it ...

It has to add up to 100% so if you have two lows the third thing is going to be high.

Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
    High carb, moderate protein, low fat
    etc

if you prefer words to numbers

This
  • silverspring47
    Options
    2 perfect nutrition days in a row!! So proud of myself!! It feels weird to eat so many carbs lol I've been anti carb for so long!! Yet the weight keeps coming off!!